Battery Issues with "Series 0"?

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone had any issues with their O.G. Apple Watch? I have a 42mm space grey Apple Watch Sport that I've owned since April 2015, and the battery is driving me crazy.

I take it off the dock between 7 and 8 every morning and it's at 100%, and with extremely minimal use (most notifications turned off, a few glances, a couple of heart rate checks) I'm down to 10% (or less) between 5 and 6 every evening. I used to be in the 40% range at that time.

I first noticed the issue in December, brought it in to my local Apple Store where it failed their diagnostics software. It was sent out to the repair facility and returned to me unfixed because they couldn't replicate the problem. It's only gotten worse since (back then it wouldn't hit 10% for another hour or so). My AppleCare+ expires 4/23/17, and I would love to have it fixed/replaced while it's under the extended warranty -- but what happens if they can't replicate my issue again?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I would set up another appointment and be a little persistent that the issue be solved. You have clearly been having an issue. Let them know your Applecare runs out soon and if they don't solve it you would like a note put on your file. Hopefully they can solve it for you.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
firedept10 said:
You have clearly been having an issue.

And they need to be reminded of that. I had a problem with a Mac that they couldn't replicate during the warranty period. About two months after it expired (the warranty) so di the Mac.

I took it back and it took a little discussion but the fact that I had tried to get it repaired during the warranty covered me for out of warranty costs, which were significant.

Apple has a rep for doing that a lot of times, but not every time, so it's important to remind them of your previous attempts.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Yes, go back to Apple and make sure to let them know that it failed a diagnostic at least once, but was not replaced or repaired when it was mailed in. If they don't give you the support you are looking for call Apple and talk to them. They can have you mail the watch in without going to a store first.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4