Anyone Still Using First Gen Apple Watch?

Witness

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Not on my first gen though, still could last me the whole day.

I'm on Gen 0. I ended up hard resetting and restoring with a recent backup. Experienced the same issue. Hard reset again and used an older OS 3.x backup - it worked! I'm back to the same battery life as before, which is last the entire day and end up with about 30% by 11PM.

Something is buggy about either OS4 or OS4 related app/watch faces. The only thing I did recently was use the Siri watch face. When I noticed the battery drain issue, I figured it's because of how often it must update the various cards available. Even after removing the Siri watchface didn't resolve the battery drain - only the old pre OS4 backup did the trick.

Weird.

Witness

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Not on my first gen though, still could last me the whole day.

I'm on Gen 0. I ended up hard resetting and restoring with a recent backup. Experienced the same issue. Hard reset again and used an older OS 3.x backup - it worked! I'm back to the same battery life as before, which is last the entire day and end up with about 30% by 11PM.

Something is buggy about either OS4 or OS4 related app/watch faces. The only thing I did recently was use the Siri watch face. When I noticed the battery drain issue, I figured it's because of how often it must update the various cards available. Even after removing the Siri watchface didn't resolve the battery drain - only the old pre OS4 backup did the trick.

Weird.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site

Weird.

I supposed it might be due to software issues during the installation of OS4 or so even the software itself.

There are numerous people who also highlighted iOS 11 battery draining issues and I’m one of those victims. Comins back to WatchOS 4, I’ve no issues at all and so far so good, only very occasional self-rebooting problems when replying back a text message by selecting emojis.

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I still use ours, we were not sold on the 2nd nor 3rd generation models. We rarely leave our phones behind, and don't want to pay an additional fee to have connected wearables.

zenjen

Oct 19, 2017
Visit site
Was wearing my Series 0 everyday up to a week ago. I purchased the Series 3 Nike+ GPS and Cellular. I don't any immediate plans to use the cellular feature. I am enjoying the update...speed, Nike+ watch faces and a couple o new bands. Also changed from stainless to space gray aluminum.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Like the others, I am still using the first generation watch, and I've had it for about 90 days shy of two years. I've worn it every day since getting it and I plan to continue wearing it for quite some time. I'm not interested in the newer models and I don't store a ton of apps on it. Having said that, it is perfect for the way I use it.

Same here. I mostly use it for alarms and reminders and it lets me know when texts and VIP emails come in if I happen to walk away from my phone at home.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Same here. I mostly use it for alarms and reminders and it lets me know when texts and VIP emails come in if I happen to walk away from my phone at home.
My previous statement was indeed true.........until I visited the Apple Store today at the Altamonte Mall. (Sigh)....I ended up buying a Series 3 cellular + GPS model in space grey. It was definitely an impulse buy and I should take it back.

Last edited:

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
My previous statement was indeed true.........until I visited the Apple Store today at the Altamonte Mall. (Sigh)....I ended up buying a Series 3 cellular + GPS model in space grey. It was definitely an impulse buy and I should take it back. í ½í¸

LOL!

I know how you feel! In September I said we were sticking with our 7+’s this year...but on October 27 I somehow ended up online buying the X’s for me and the hub.

Also, I didn’t notice that this thread was an oldie until after I posted my reply. And wondered if anyone had changed their mind since posting. :)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
LOL!

I know how you feel! In September I said we were sticking with our 7+’s this year...but on October 27 I somehow ended up online buying the X’s for me and the hub.
We should be ashamed of ourselves.....(Laughing)

Also, I didn’t notice that this thread was an oldie until after I posted my reply. And wondered if anyone had changed their mind since posting. :)
It’s all good.

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Looks brand new!

Pretty much! I bought it with a 42mm Space Gray but my wife never took to the Apple Watch in general. So it stayed in the box as a backup and I would alternate. A friend offered me a camera in trade for the Space Gray, so now this has become the daily driver.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
And I thought it was pretty good back in 2015-2016.

True, because back then it's the only Apple Watch and it set the benchmark. After the introduction of Series 2 and 3, can truly see then difference.

Perhaps in Series 4 and so on, the current Series batt life will also not be as good, as batt life continues to improve over the years.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes I’ve still got my series 0 SS Apple Watch but I just ordered a series 3 gps + cellular silver watch. I’ve had my series 0 since launch and the battery isn’t that good anymore. Also it’s a bit sluggish at times.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes I’ve still got my series 0 SS Apple Watch but I just ordered a series 3 gps + cellular silver watch. I’ve had my series 0 since launch and the battery isn’t that good anymore. Also it’s a bit sluggish at times.

I gave my original series Watch to my youngest son. When I purchased my Series 3 cellular + GPS model, the speed increase is definitely noticeable. Anyway, congratulations on ordering yours and I hope you enjoy it.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

You’ll be surprised with the improvements Apple have made :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Urbanwoodsman1966