Apple Pay on Apple Watch

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Tried Apple Pay on my watch for the first time. Noticed I didn't get a notification on my my phone like I do when I use my phone for Apple Pay and the transaction does not show up for the card in wallet. Is this the norm?

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I usually don't get a notification on my phone after using the Watch to perform the transaction. Not sure that's what's supposed to happen, but I have the same thing.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
You may not get a notification, but the latest transaction should be in Wallet.

No notification on either device and the latest transaction does not show in wallet despite the same and only card on both devices. But, notifications and the latest transactions do appear when using Apple Pay on my phone only.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure I got a notification when I last used Apple Pay from my Watch. You now have me doubting myself though so I may have to try it again.

Peter Rokkos

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Tried setting up Apple Pay on my Apple Watch. It asked me to enable a passcode. Seemed like the only way to have Apple Pay enabled is to have my watch passcode enabled. Given that I'd use Apple Pay seldom (if ever) but use my watch multiple times for other things, that seemed to not be worth enabling a password for. Am I missing something here?

Is it possible to enable Apple Pay on the watch, and either not require a password to use it or otherwise only require a password for that specific function?

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
To use Apple Pay on the Apple Watch, you MUST set up a passcode for the Apple Watch.

From the Apple Watch User Guide: ?Note: If you disable your passcode, you can?t use Apple Pay on Apple*Watch.?

Excerpt From: Apple Inc. ?Apple Watch User Guide.? Apple Inc., 2015. iBooks.
This material may be protected by copyright.

Check out this book on the iBooks Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/apple-watch-user-guide/id985786488?mt=11&at=10l3Vy