Will You Be Returning Your Watch?

Are you keeping your Apple Watch?

• Yes. Definitely keeping it.

Votes: 23 79.3%
  • No. Going to return it.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Not sure. Still trying to decide over the next few days.

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JaenelleMasen

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Thinking of returning the Apple Watch at this point (when the native apps haven't yet been published) for the watch is preemptive. Especially for the reason of exchanging it for two devices (the pebble and the ms band)? Are you one of those people who should have kept their razor flip phone and an iPod instead of having one device that does both of those things better like the iPhone did? Why go backwards in time? Have a little more patience. The April 24th was just a soft release for Apple. I fully believe that the full launch for the watch is the fall. Think of it this way, once Apple Watch software 2.0 is released and devs have had time to release their apps, you will be first in line to experience it because you already have your watch and will just need to update your software.

Do more with your watch...use it as an Apple TV remote, use it with Apple pay, walk around a safe neighborhood you are not familiar with and have it give you directions without looking at it, ask Siri on the watch if you can see her dance, change your apple watch bands once in a while, try to earn all of the activity awards to prove you are not a lazy bum.

dixie54321

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
So tonight I had my apple watch epiphany. Since it arrived I've been on the fence but tonight I went out for a work happy hour and normally I put my phone on the table and periodically if not incessantly I check it. For emails, for texts, for notifications in general. But tonight I kept my phone in my purse and I relied on my watch to notify me and as a result I was more engaged and less distracted. So weird that adding another piece of technology has actually gotten me to engage more but I felt like I was more present and less distracted be my phone. I didn't take my phone out at all and only looked at my watch when it notified me and that wasn't too frequently. I think I finally love my watch and "get" it!

🏻

Should be receiving my watch tomorrow very excited, I used my friends and i loved it can't wait for my own space grey version

 iPhone 6

Witness

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I certainly like the Watch-and-iPhone combination better than I liked the iPhone alone. Notifications with a tap on the wrist are so much more civilized than having a buzzing, chirping phone go off in my purse or hand.
But tonight I kept my phone in my purse and I relied on my watch to notify me and as a result I was more engaged and less distracted.

Having notifications on your wrist is perfect for the ladies. My wife keeps her phone in her purse and whenever I call, it's really a hit or miss because it's difficult to hear the ringer, or feel the phone vibrate. Also, not bringing out the phone to check an alert does make make for less disruptions.

Thinking of returning the Apple Watch at this point (when the native apps haven't yet been published) for the watch is preemptive. Especially for the reason of exchanging it for two devices (the pebble and the ms band)? Are you one of those people who should have kept their razor flip phone and an iPod instead of having one device that does both of those things better like the iPhone did? Why go backwards in time? Have a little more patience. The April 24th was just a soft release for Apple. I fully believe that the full launch for the watch is the fall. Think of it this way, once Apple Watch software 2.0 is released and devs have had time to release their apps, you will be first in line to experience it because you already have your watch and will just need to update your software.

If I return it now, I'm not actually missing all too much functionally because I already own the Pebble and Band. The primary use of the Watch right now is notifications with the occasional reply. I won't be able to reply with the Peb/Band because Apple doesn't allow it, so that's the missing functionality. It's a nice device definitely, but by returning it now, I reset the warranty and it will be available at the retail store anyways. Also to be clear, I won't be wearing the Pebble AND the MS Band simultaneously - that would be completely redundant. I just have multiple wearables and you probably only have the Watch.

Do more with your watch...use it as an Apple TV remote, use it with Apple pay, walk around a safe neighborhood you are not familiar with and have it give you directions without looking at it, ask Siri on the watch if you can see her dance, change your apple watch bands once in a while, try to earn all of the activity awards to prove you are not a lazy bum.

I don't have Apple TV and I haven't used Apple Pay - I've not thrown myself into Apple everything and like cross platform/compatibility. I do use the MS Band for workouts and one thing I've noticed is that the Watch severely under reports my caloric burn. Only 650 calories average per day, while the Band reports around 1,500 average. Doesn't seem right. But anyways, I see what you're getting at and I usually use my devices to their fullest extent. The Watch apps at this point aren't too compelling.

On a side note, I've cranked up the alert volume on the Watch, but I've never heard it make a peep except when I double click the button to bring up Passport. Is this normal? Do any of you have sounds to go with your alarm or text messages? Sometimes the tap is so soft that I don't notice it.

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Do any of you have sounds to go with your alarm or text messages? Sometimes the tap is so soft that I don't notice it.

My watch sounds with the glass ding for messages/texts that I had set up on my iPhone. So, if you're not hearing notification sounds, either your watch is defective, or you haven't configured the app's notification feature for sounds.

Witness

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
My watch sounds with the glass ding for messages/texts that I had set up on my iPhone. So, if you're not hearing notification sounds, either your watch is defective, or you haven't configured the app's notification feature for sounds.

I've set both for alerts. Looks like I'm going to go to the store to check it out. Thanks!

munchkinsdad

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm a very busy contractor and the watch feels more like a necessity than a fashion watch. I'm using mud, grout, thinset, water and manage a large crew. I never have to dry my hands, fish my phone out of my pocket and respond to phone calls and/or messages. everything I need to do can be done through the watchE Best thing since sliced bread for me.

On another note, my wife is a nurse and it has definately helped improve and organize her demanding job.

YMR20

May 9, 2015
Visit site
I love my apple watch too!! I have it for three weeks now, and every day love it more! I used Tennis Score app. every time I play tennis and no more forget my score!! whooojooo.

love my Apple watch! only waiting for whastapp let my reply from apple watch!!

and waiting for the watchOS 2 release!

Witness

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I have decided to keep it and sell off my Pebble Steel to offset the cost ($125 if anyone is interested/excellent condition). Despite some of the issues it has, a first party smartwatch always works better because it has access to everything. The ability to respond to texts and answer calls is very helpful. Thanks all for the discussion. It has been interesting. :yes:

gkantz

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I do like it - it does a lot of great things (notifications, messaging, Siri, even talking on the phone). But many apps, particularly third party ones, are just not ready for prime time. Many apps are either incomplete, too slow or just don't work. Case in point - I get a news flash notification from CNN, and when I go to the app, the story isn't there. I know the website does that, but the stories on my watch are from yesterday. Other apps, like Trivia Crack, just stopped working altogether. I find that to be very frustrating. But I'm not returning it.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
I guess I am old generation. I really don't like to carry both watch and smartphone. If apple watch can make calls without iphone, I would've probably got one myself.

bldhk

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
I like the watch and will keep it. But I do hope that it could have more apps to support apple watch, like Whatsapp, Facebook, etc. Reply email and IM without pulling out the phone should be the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I like the watch and will keep it. But I do hope that it could have more apps to support apple watch, like Whatsapp, Facebook, etc. Reply email and IM without pulling out the phone should be the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reply to email is coming. I'm sure FB and others are working on it.

as999999999

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I like my Apple Watch and have seen value in a lot of the functions. If your active its way more value. I have had my since 1st day they were available . I have not had a day without someone asking me about it. I don't mind informing people of it or giving my review of it. I do get sick of people wanting me to Justify it. I love using apple pay with it never have to go in my pockets. The person who posted on page one that said they borrowed one for ten days. That is not really long enough to use it practically or get used to it. With that said if you have the idea that you might not want it. Then its already not for you. I thought of selling my watch for more when I had the unopened box 1st day but look like all the people paying way to much had past. The people that sold theirs when it shipped made a huge profit. I knew when I committed and opened the box it wasn't going back. I am thinking about getting a second band but haven't done that yet.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2