New Bedside Clock mode in WatchOS2...

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
This will be a great feature for me, as I have postponed buying a charging stand for the watch. It basically turns the clock face 90 degrees, and with the watch on its side, the crown and feature button become alarm off and snooze inputs.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This will be a great feature for me, as I have postponed buying a charging stand for the watch. It basically turns the clock face 90 degrees, and with the watch on its side, the crown and feature button become alarm off and snooze inputs.

I suspect that will be a popular feature...

I agree that it's a great added feature that will be quite popular, but I doubt I'll use it.

RobtRoma

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
The watch stands will have to change for it. 

When I saw this feature, I put my watch on my Spigen stand to see how well it sat on it's side. I'm happy to report it sat nicely that way. I just doubt I'll actually use this feature in the locations I keep my stands.

Millbrook

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I have a Milanese Loop band. When I take the Watch off, the band doesn't make a circle like the Sport band would -- instead, it folds up on itself (sticking to its magnetic closure and the back of the Watch). I think some sort of stand will be required to make the new Bedside mode work with the Milanese band.

dianahk

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Of course I ordered the Spigen stand last week. I use both a sport and M loop band, so using the side feature might be awkward. I will return it, since it is now preparing to ship. I just ordered the elevation nightstand charger. It was only $9 more and the watch will now be charging on the side for night mode.

dianahk

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a Milanese Loop band. When I take the Watch off, the band doesn't make a circle like the Sport band would -- instead, it folds up on itself (sticking to its magnetic closure and the back of the Watch). I think some sort of stand will be required to make the new Bedside mode work with the Milanese band.

I am ordering this charger and can report back once it is received. I also have a loop.

Millbrook

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Update: when I took off my Watch with Milanese loop tonight, I tried setting it on its side in the "Nightstand mode" orientation.

Although the loop doesn't make a nice circle like the other bands, I'm happy to report that it does hold the watch in the Nightstand position very well. A stand doesn't even seem necessary (but might be nice to have).

jayk82

Trusted Member
Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm really looking forward to this as well. Really cool feature imo.

Sent from my  iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
While this is neat, I wont be using the feature for an alarm clock. I still wear the Garmin vivosmart tracker and the vibrating alarm on that is what I use. I am up at 3am for the gym and try to disrupt my wife as little as possible. I will however use the clock feature. I wonder if the screen will dim or timeout while using bedside clock mode?

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
While this is neat, I wont be using the feature for an alarm clock. I still wear the Garmin vivosmart tracker and the vibrating alarm on that is what I use. I am up at 3am for the gym and try to disrupt my wife as little as possible. I will however use the clock feature. I wonder if the screen will dim or timeout while using bedside clock mode?

I won't wear it for sure...the vibrate isn't strong enough. I use my original Pebble for its vibe, which is plenty strong. Plus when I'm waking up and in a fog, I can feel for a physical button to press.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2