[REVIEW] Nomad Stand - Apple Watch Charging Stand

Adam Matlock

Trusted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOKVzpIPqi4&t=4s

Have you ever found yourself overly frustrated when you reach over to put your Apple Watch on the charger at night and the charging cable slides off of the night stand? Or better yet, falls under your desk at work? This is a real #firstworldproblem at its finest, and it’s definitely caused me some frustration. Well, worry no more. Nomad, the company who has brought us other wonderful Apple related tech, like the Rugged Case and multiple Apple Watch bands, decided to tackle this generational issue and designed the perfect solution – the Nomad Stand.

IMG_20190519_124058.jpg
IMG_20190519_124143.jpg

What Is It?: The Nomad Stand is a CNC machined aluminum base that’s weighted and has a built-in slot to install your charging cable, so that you always have a dedicated place to set your watch down without worrying about the cable falling or sliding off of surfaces ever again. The base of the watch stand is weighted as well, so you don’t have to worry about the stand sliding around or toppling over when you place the watch on the stand. All you have to do is simply place your watch down on the charging base which is now installed into the stand, and it will hold your watch in place and charge it at the same time – it’s basically magic. Additionally, it works with every version/model of the Apple Watch, from Series 1 to Series 4. How is this possible? Because the charging pad/cable for each generation of Apple Watch is exactly the same, so you’re guaranteed to be able to use this stand with any Apple Watch you may have.

IMG_20190519_124200.jpg
IMG_20190519_124238.jpg
IMG_20190519_124440.jpg

Easy to Install: The Nomad Stand is super easy to setup. As you can see in the video above, all you have to do is thread the charging pad and cable through the channel on the side of the stand. First, place the charging pad in the pre-cut hole on the stand, and while keeping the cable taut, gently guide it into the channel of the stand as you work it down to the base. Once in place, the cable is held securely and remains well hidden, leaving you with a gorgeous looking Space Gray aluminum stand for your Apple Watch. It’s important to note that the stand DOES NOT come with a charging cable – it also only comes in the one color: Space Gray. You have to use your own cable that you presumably own and charge your watch with already.

IMG_20190519_124510.jpg
IMG_20190519_124516.jpg

Conclusion: Overall, I’m super happy with the Nomad Stand and I think it’s a great solution that not only works, but looks fantastic at the same time. I get really tired of my watch charger sliding off of my night stand, getting tangled up with other cords, or generally just falling off somewhere and then having to search for it beside my bed. Well, that’s no longer a problem because the Nomad Stand keeps my cable and charging pad locked down and super easy to find and use now. Amazingly, the price isn’t terrible either. Of course this is a luxury item and not an actual necessity – unless your cable is just driving your crazy – but I think the price is fair for the convenience and build quality. The stand cost $39.95, and for the right person who really wants one of these stands at home or in their office, I think it’s a priced well. It looks great, and even professional, which means that you can easily plop this down on your desk and look super fancy if you need to take your watch off and charge it while you’re sitting at your work – which is actually pretty nice too! I routinely take my watch off at work because it gets in the way of using the mouse and keyboard all day. It even supports Apple’s Nightstand mode.

IMG_20190519_124452.jpg
IMG_20190519_124459.jpg

If you’re interested in picking up the Nomad Stand, for the Apple Watch, you can get one up straight from their website for the everyday price of $39.95 - https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...%2Fproducts%2Fstand-space-gray&token=K3-ZvFPY - As always, if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them down in the comments section.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for another awesome review! The charging stand looks really good! I like the way the cord fits into the groove!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice