Battery life

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Haven't seen anybody start this thread yet but here it goes.

This is basically my first full day of usage since fully charging. Still haven't done much except use Hey Siri a few times, checked time, responded to a few iMessages and played with the different watch faces.

eebf0ef5dc203f42f5792ef4065e5a31.jpg

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

Suggs68

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I've been pleasantly surprised. Ran with it yesterday and today, and still playing with it a lot. It's now at 70% and its 8:30pm. Had it off charger since 8am with the exception of 10 minutes while I showered.
I'm sure with a full day of emails and texts and another run tomorrow it will get a good workout tomorrow. I'll try to keep it off charger all day to see how it does.

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I took mine off the charger around 8:30am today. Took a 1.5 hour drive using the GPS/taptics, lots of text messages via dictation, some playing around with "hey siri", installed a few new apps, a good amount of notifications, and I'm at 47% at 9pm with 2h 49m of usage. Seems like i should have more usage... but i'm not complaining :)

With my typical usage I really dont expect battery life to be an issue.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
16 hours of use yesterday. Had 4 phone calls totaling about 50 minutes, lots of emails, texts, etc., and still had 45% at the end of the day.

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I am not getting battery life that is as amazing as everyone else. That is even with brightness turned completely down, most notifications turned off, etc. I am thinking maybe it is my device. If I don't see improvement after today, I will be going to Apple to get it swapped out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark893

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed a difference on my iPhone 6 Plus battery since getting the watch.

As for the watch battery I'm at 75% and I took the watch off charge 9 hours ago.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
My iPhone 6 Plus battery is actually better--even with the radios on all the time. Why? I think it's because I'm using my phone a lot less.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I usually am well below 20% after a day. Yesterday, I used it for 50 minutes for a P90X workout, used it at work all day, and kept it on (except to shower). Had it since Friday, and haven't had to go into Power Reserve mode yet, but I'm being careful, too.

One thing I thought about was turning off the "Activate on wrist raise" setting on the Watch. I think a lot of the screen use is incidental, throughout the day, when I don't necessarily need to look at it. A quick tap could then allow me to control when I see stuff. I'm torn though. Anyone else think this could save significant battery life?

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Battery drain on my 5s is still the same levels, to me. It used 4.0 LE, which helps, of course. I keep an eye on Usage stats, and after four days, the Watch app only seems to have used 1% of the total battery drain.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone 6 Plus battery is actually better--even with the radios on all the time. Why? I think it's because I'm using my phone a lot less.

That's the expectation that I would have. I'd check notifications on the watch rather than on the phone when I'm out and about and such.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77