Standard vs Sport case strength and scratch resistance

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone found any details on whether the Sport will be stronger and less scratch resistant than the Standard Apple Watch?

I've been trawling the internet for a month or so now and I can't find anything concrete. Lots of comparisons purporting to show the differences but none of them have given any info on the relative strengths of one over the other.

It's early days yet, I guess, and more info will be released the closer we get to release. Still, I prefer the look of the Standard but if the Sport is stronger then I will have to get one of those and just swap out the coloured plastic strap for something more refined looking, like the Milanese Loop.

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't know either but in thinking the standard will be stronger as it is stainless steel and the sport is aluminum. The standard also gets the sapphire glass whereas the sport gets the same iOS-hardened glass as the iPhone 6/6+.

if thats true i will get the standard and get a sport wrist band to swap out when i am working out vs casual wear.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
The Standard Apple Watch has sapphire glass, while the Sport Edition has Ion Strengthened glass, which is the same thing as on the iPhone 6/6+. I'd be inclined to say that the Standard will be a little stronger screen wise. :)