Battery issues

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
For a while my series 3 would not charge all the way to 100%. It seems to work OK now, but I don’t think my battery is lasting as long as it should. My original Apple Watch was always at 70 to 75% after 12 to 14 hours. Yesterday my watch was at 41% after about 12 hours. I didn’t even use it for texting yesterday! Just checked the time and weather a couple of times. Is anyone else having issues with their battery draining too fast? Today, it’s been nine hours since I put my watch on and I have 51% left. Again, very little usage. I’m going to try restarting both my phone and my watch tonight before I put them on the chargers to see if that helps.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For a while my series 3 would not charge all the way to 100%. It seems to work OK now, but I don’t think my battery is lasting as long as it should. My original Apple Watch was always at 70 to 75% after 12 to 14 hours. Yesterday my watch was at 41% after about 12 hours. I didn’t even use it for texting yesterday! Just checked the time and weather a couple of times. Is anyone else having issues with their battery draining too fast? Today, it’s been nine hours since I put my watch on and I have 51% left. Again, very little usage. I’m going to try restarting both my phone and my watch tonight before I put them on the chargers to see if that helps.
Do you have the cellular model, and if so, is cellular enabled on it?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Do you have the cellular model, and if so, is cellular enabled on it?

From my experience that only really makes a difference if you’re not on WiFi and away from your paired iPhone. My LTE Series 3 has noticeably longer battery life than my Series 0 ever had but if I leave home without my iPhone the battery drains faster. Even then I can get at least a full day out of it.

Last edited:

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I would hope that restarting devices would help. If not, another thing to verify is that Bluetooth is turned on and the watch is paid in Settings / Bluetooth on the iPhone.

The next thing to try would be to unpair the watch from the phone and then pair them again. I'd suggest doing that after you have completed rings if you have any sort of streak going, though, or early in the morning.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have the non-cellular series 3 and I’m at 72% after 16 hours off the charger with mild use and some navigation with Apple Maps.
With my gen0 I’d have my watch shut off because the battery fully depleted.

What you’re experiencing is not normal in my humble opinion.

Try unpairing and repairing the watch. I did this after restarting didn’t solve my issue (on my gen0, that is).

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
S3 with LTE enabled buy normally have my iPhone close. Under "normal" daily use I take my watch off the charger at 7am and by 11pm I still have 60%-ish battery. At bedtime I place the watch in airplane mode for sleep tracking. Get up around 5:30am and place watch on charger while I get ready.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2