Why does my screen stay off during during alarm?

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I use my Watch to wake me up in the morning, but I noticed the screen stays off.
It's not a drama, but I first have to click the screen to get it active and than stop the alarm.
It would be more handy if the screen automatically switched on during alarm...

Is there a way to do this?

Last edited:

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
My screen comes on when I flip my wrist around just like it does when I look at the time. Sometimes it doesn’t work but I think that is bc I’m not awake and just don’t get it quite right.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I use mine as an alarm clock too but on a stand in night stand mode. I also noticed that the screen only comes on around a couple mins before the alarm time.

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I use mine as an alarm clock too but on a stand in night stand mode. I also noticed that the screen only comes on around a couple mins before the alarm time.
At least your alarm turns on... I wear it on my wrist, and it doesn't turn on by itself, I first have to manually activate the screen in order to click 'stop'. :(

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
At least your alarm turns on... I wear it on my wrist, and it doesn't turn on by itself, I first have to manually activate the screen in order to click 'stop'. :(

While I agree that the Apple Watch should always light up whenever there is any sort of notification when you are wearing it on your wrist, Apple has decided to be conservative about when the display lights up, so it is the way it is. Tap the display or roll the digital crown when you want to light the watch fast.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I have an alarm set for just before Midnight. When it goes off, both my phone and Watch light up and I silence the alarm at/with the Watch.

This is so second nature to me that I don't recall if the screen lights up because the alarm goes off, if it lights up because I turn my wrist to see what the haptic is going on. 'Oh! It's the alarm. Thank you, Watch. Now settle down.'

I don't have an alarm set for anytime the Watch is charging, and my phone is closer than my Watch anyway, so I don't know what happens when an alarm goes off at that time.

Since it's charging, there's no harm nor foul for the face to wake for an alarm. But since it's Apple, I would be surprised if some software engineer would choose to require waking the face to help keep you from easily going back to sleep.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4