ATV Black Screen

facecard

May 16, 2017
Visit site
I have an MBA running Mojave. I have an ATV 4g and when I try to use Airplay to stream something the ATV will go black but nothing appears on the screen. The MBA will make the screen adjustment but not the ATV. Both the MBA and ATV are on the same network. The Airplay icon will turn blue but nothing appears on the screen.

I have restarted the ATV and MBA. On the MBA, I have turned off and on the Wifi. On the ATV, Airplay is ON.

How do I fix this problem?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I assume “ATV 4g” is supposed to be TV 4K, and if so, are you attempting to AirPlay from within an app on the MBA (MacBook Air)? If so, check the app’s settings to see whether or not it includes an AirPlay option.

facecard

May 16, 2017
Visit site
No. It is just the 4th gen (A1625- MR912LL/A) model. I am trying to use Airplay on the MBA (Macbook Air) running Mojave. I go up to the Airplay icon and find the room number then it will turn blue. The screen on the Macbook makes the adjustment but on the ATV it is only a black screen. Next, I went in to Display - Airplay Display to connect to it. That didn't work either.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2