New Aerial Screensavers on Apple TV 4

LP Slade

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I have two questions about the aerial screensavers on the Apple TV 4:

1. There are options for how often you want to download new screensavers. I have it set to daily, but I haven't seen any new ones since I've had it (I got it as soon as it was available). Has anyone? From what I can tell from my online searches, the ones there are are the ones I have. It seems strange to me that it was implied that there would be new ones, but then nothing at all ...

2. There are a couple that I don't like at all (NYC (Times Square) at night from overhead is one example). I don't see any way of removing or blocking specific ones so I'm guessing there's no way, but that would be great. If there is a way that I'm missing, could someone let me know, please? :)

JBaby_9783

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
I have mine set to daily too and it works. You can't pick and choose what you get. For awhile it was only picking the Golden Gate Bridge night scene for a weeks in the beginning, but that worked itself out. I've had it since launch.

These are all of the different aerials.

lpelullo

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
But those are all the same that I've had at least for the past ~5 months. No? That site is from October 2015, but it does say that it will automatically update so I don't know. I'd just like more and most of all to be able to choose which ones show and which don't.

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I have the same question as the op. I've had an ATV for a few months. First, I had the aerial screensaver set to monthly and it never changed. Then, I tried weekly and it occasionally throws in something new, but then goes right back to the same ones. The nighttime bridge, daytime London and NYC, overhead NYC, and some Asian city I don't recognize.

I've caught snowy mountains, Great Wall, and a couple of others but their appearances are brief. It always snaps back to basics.

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to think that they show daytime screen savers during the day and nighttime ones at night. If you tend to use them at consistent times, then it might appear as if they don't change much.

hinesmj

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I think it's random. You may download new ones, but it still plays them randomly. So you might get stuck w the same one for a while and then be surprised by a new one at some random interval.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2