Mirroring video from MacBook Pro

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I can turn on Mirroring and it works fine until I try to do video. For instance, I can't pop in a dvd and mirror it to my tv. When I try, the video turns to a black and white checkerboard pattern - no video.

I tried mirroring TNT.com video, and the adverts played great, but when the show started, it was black, although the audio was fine.

Am I missing something? Has anyone else seen this?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure, but the DVD problem may be related to DRM protected discs...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It's happening with every dvd - old ones with no DRM, and home made ones with family stuff.

My MBP doesn?t have a DVD drive (retina MBP), but I was able to use AirPlay to mirror both audio and video to my AppleTV when played through both the VLC client and the QuickTime movie player. Perhaps it?s a limitation of the DVD player software. I tried it with the DVD player, but it can?t handle .m4v files - it required disk image or .vob files.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I'd consider changing to a different player, but that doesn't solve the entire issue, since it's happening when I try to mirror from a streaming site as well (TNT or TBS, one of those where I was trying to catch up on some missed tv shows that Hulu doesn't carry).

It's really frustrating, since this was one of the main reasons I updated to the new MBP.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Not sure about the streaming issue, but everything I've read about AirPlay and dvds mentions that the apple DVD player is blocked from using it. So Vlc is the way to go there.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2