Why are my family share notifications only appearing on my iPad and not iPhone?

darrylpierce

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Why is my family share notifications only appearing on ipad and not iphone

I am the organizer for my family share. When my kids make a request or something is added to the family calendar the notifications only appear on my ipad. They do not appear on my iphone 5s. The setting are identical - yet nothing comes up on my 5S. The only thing i can think of is that at one point I had the early betas (developer program legit copies) running. Has anyone else had this issue. Its driving me to distraction lol

darrylpierce

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why is my family share notifications only appearing on ipad and not iphone

Hi there - went through that prevously. My problem isn't setting people up to be ask to buy. That part I have done. When my daughter tries to buy she gets the ask permission which she clicks. My ex is set up as a parent and she gets the notification on her iphone 5, my ipad gets the notification and my ex's mac gets the notification - all of them I set up myself. My issue is the only device that does not get the notification is my iphone 5s and I have tried everything. It would not be a big deal but I don't have my ipad with me all the time and it is wifi only. So the request going to my ipad is often a waste unless I am at home and using it. I added my ex to the mix so my daughter can get approved but since it is my credit card the system is working like this - daughter hits ask to approve, ex gets request, she texts me to ask if its ok to approve (ie is CC ok - we both agree on what content to approve), then she approves or declines based on my reply.

That is a workaround - but it seems so convoluted when I am the organizer and my primary device does not receive the ask to buy notification, nor does it receive notification when people add to the family photo share, or the family calendar or anything related to the family account.

the one thing I do wonder though - is that if anyone else is having the same experience were they at any point running the beta software (I have a legit developer account before anyone tries to say its the perils of downloading software illegally). I just wonder if anyone else with the same experience also has been running beta software prior to the recent OTA upgrade to 8.3. I don't really want to wipe and restore if I don't have to - but if there is something floating around under the hood killing this from the beta software then I may have to. I also posted this to the Apple Support as there a few others experiencing the same thing. No reply yet though.

Oh and thanks for the quick reply - I do appreciate you trying. Also thanks for not posting - "Just pull down your notification Centre - they will be there you just missed them". I got that on a couple of other sites - and its not the case lol. I do know how to use the notification centre.

darrylpierce

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why is my family share notifications only appearing on ipad and not iphone

That's the last thread I read before posting here. There are quite a few like it - none with an official response so far.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2