Going travelling, need suggestions for a set up using my sew Mac mini

Carlm

Oct 13, 2009
www.howtojailbreak.info
Hi everyone.

I'm going on a round the world trip for a year soon and I've just bought myself a Mac mini to manage my media.

I love the idea of being able to share all of my photos to it from anywhere in the world and knowing my family can simply use their iPad/iPhone to view the photos I upload.

I also want to use it to download new content whilst I'm away and sync it to my MBA whilst I'm on the road. E.g. Keep my iPod refreshed with new music. Stream movies from it (depending on Internet connection).

I know I can't sync my iPod classic with the iTunes on the Mac mini but I wanted to just have one iTunes library. If I can mirror my Mac mini from home to MBA then uploading to the cloud from my home internet connection is going to be much better than a connection on the road. So I'm hoping I can somehow upload automatically from iTunes to Google Music and then download the songs back onto my MBA and sync that way?

Is that going to work? I was wondering if anyone can suggest software (I have read about Plex) that will assist me please. Music and photos are my main concern so I'm hoping there's a solution that will work efficiently.

I got myself an entry level 2012 Mac mini refurb off of Apple's website which should do the trick and I have an external hard drive to plug into that for additional storage.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You could look into Back to my Mac... https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT4907

Alternatively, I'd think about putting your iTunes library on a portable HD to take with you... connect that to your MBA while abroad... do your thing... and when you get back, connect the portable HD to the Mini and everything will be there...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2