Im very new at this. came across it when i was shopping around for iphone 5 cases. so i decided to put out my first thread to see if I will get any feedback..

what your thoughts of this case opener? would you back it? I backed it because it was featured on our local news channel. Check it out and let me know your thoughts!

CarbonForce: The iPhone 5 Carbon Fiber Bottle Opener Case by CarbonForce Case — Kickstarter
    08-17-2013 10:48 AM
    There are already several cases with built-in bottle openers. I don't believe carbon fibre will make them any more appealing. Very gimicky.
    08-17-2013 10:52 AM
    Oh I haven't seen too many with bottle opener! I was getting it because of the color features of the opener. But do you think it will be durable considering the materials they R using vs their competitors?
    08-17-2013 09:02 PM
    No thanks. After the disaster that was Pebble for me, I'm done backing Kickstarter projects. Also think the case is a dumb idea for anyone over 25. Would've been good for my college keggers back in the day, though. :-)

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums app
    08-17-2013 09:18 PM
    @impaler: what happened with your experience on kickstarter? Please share if you don't mind. It is true, this is geared towards anyone who drinks or still a college student.

but I'm a lady and I enjoy anything with color on my phone case. Lol. I had a kate spade case on but it did very little protection to my phone. So I'm trying to get a durable case.
    08-18-2013 02:50 AM
    I've had some great Kickstarter experiences. The Pebble watch was a disaster for those who donated on Kickstarter - the product was available in stores long before backers received their "early" product.

The biggest problem I've had on KS is that nobody is ever ready close to their estimated date. A few things I've backed weren't available for six months after their original estimated delivery date.

Check out the iPhone 5 cases thread. It includes tons of photos, and we have a few members (myself included) who cannot resist a new case.
    08-18-2013 10:15 AM
    Thanks Alli!
    08-18-2013 12:01 PM
    Interesting looking case, would I have use for it. Probably not. But I'm pretty sure someone will.
    eyeheartshopping likes this.
    08-19-2013 03:47 AM
    Yeah I guess they would need to target it to the younger crowd or the party students. Lol I'm simply in need of a durable case and also want to support students who have a goal/vision.
    taz323 likes this.
    08-19-2013 10:24 PM