iPhone 5 Shipping/Tracking

Chase S

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to at least try as well, because even though the final facility prior to delivery is 30 mins away, I'm in that town on Thursdays. However, my hopes aren't too high because I've tried that in the past and gotten a snicker and "we'd have to dig through a truck to find one box.". Fair enough.

I do know for a fact that you can ask them to hold a package at a shipping facility. I've done it in the past. Unfortunately, I have a feeling there is going to be a huge red sticker on the front of the package that says do not deliver to recipient until 9/21.

jpayne80

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I do know for a fact that you can ask them to hold a package at a shipping facility. I've done it in the past. Unfortunately, I have a feeling there is going to be a huge red sticker on the front of the package that says do not deliver to recipient until 9/21.

I guess my hub is lazy then lol. That won't stop me from trying again though. :D

douglaswilson

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I am still waiting for my tracking number- the charge is pending on my credit card. I hope to get up to the tracking number email in the morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

joamon21

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I guess I'll provide my story in the hopes that it helps she'd some light for those who ordered thru Verizon.

I placed two preorders:

1st order was completed at 2:07am Central for a white 64gb. My credit card was just charged this evening and while I do not yet have the tracking number, checking the Verizon Order Status website the status went from "your order will ship on 9/21" to "your order will be delivered on 9/21".

2nd order was completed at 2:10am Central for a white 16gb. My credit card was charged last night and I received the tracking number very early this morning. This order also says "your order will be delivered on 9/21" on Verizon's site and when looking up the FedEx tracking number it says my phone is "In Transit" in Memphis, TN with an expected delivery date of 9/21 by 3pm.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I ordered mine about 7:00am on Sept 14th through AT&T website. I got an automated email that included the line "your phone may be delivered as early as Sept 21".

I have been checking the status daily, and it is still listed as pending. Finally, about 10 minutes ago, I got an order confirmation email, which again said "your phone may be delivered as early as Sept 21".

Don't know if this means I am getting one on Friday or not. How about a little clarity, AT&T?

Chris

Quackinup

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Phone moved from Nashville to Louisville this morning. I'm thinking it will sit there until Thursday and then overnight to get here Friday. Still waiting for Apple to officially tell mne that it's shipped though <G>

EvilJack

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
AT&T just sent me this email. My order status page stil says "Preorder Processing". I ordered online on the 14th @ 6am. Was told 9/21 delivery when I ordered.
------------------------------------------------------
Dear EVILJACK8,

Thank you for your recent purchase from the AT&T Premier Online Store. We're pleased that you chose AT&T as your service provider.

We wanted to confirm that your order is reserved and should arrive as soon as September 21, 2012.

As a reminder, you will receive an email from the AT&T Premier Team confirming shipment along with the carrier information and tracking number to track your shipment online.

Your web order number is: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx

Your order(s) will be delivered to the following address:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

We appreciate your business.
Thank you for choosing AT&T,
The AT&T Premier Team

("Premier" is just the department that corporate accounts are assigned to)

gregsomlok

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Going to try to go to UPS soon as it shows that it has arrived at my local facility. Might be able to convince them that I need it before friday :p

pogeypre

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Another FYI - UPS will not allow you to pick up your iPhone unless they have tried one time unsuccessfully. This is straight from the UPS hub near me.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Another FYI - UPS will not allow you to pick up your iPhone unless they have tried one time unsuccessfully. This is straight from the UPS hub near me.

and that is a problem. and they are not open on weekends to pick up the package so if you miss it, you won't get it till Monday...

Netofficer

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
my credit card has been charged, apple site still says prepare for shipping on my white 64gb unit... i got a hold of UPS tracking number, but it just indicated shipped/billed on sep 17th... with no staus :(

otacon#AC

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
They send them out in stages as to not overwhelm FedEx/UPS. You won't get it until the 21st.

Sep 18, 2012 10:00 PM
Picked up
MEMPHIS, TN
Future delivery requested

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine about 7:00am on Sept 14th through AT&T website. I got an automated email that included the line "your phone may be delivered as early as Sept 21".

Here's what they sent me on Friday:
Your iPhone 5 will be delivered on 9/21/12. All orders are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. You will receive a confirmation email when your order is ready to ship. You can check your order status online anytime.

Your shipment may be subject to delays for reasons that include, but are not limited to, product availability, inventory, credit issues, number porting or carrier delays, and completion of other required AT&T business processes. Items in your cart will be held until all items in your order can be sent in one shipment. Next day or Saturday delivery not available in all areas. Delivery not available on Sunday.
I think they're just covering their asses.

stockandroidguy

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Same thing with fed ex. I tried to do pick up at fed ex location and they said not until they try to deliver at least once. I'm hoping they let me pick it up after I get off from work on friday.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2