I checked this morning and it still said Processing. I check two minutes ago and it said Preparing for shipment! I might actually get it next week Monday or Tuesday I would be over the moon. If not Thursday is only 2 days later lol
    Did you order from Apple?

I ordered mine 28th September, and it says estimated date: 24th to 30th October. It still says it is processing... I wish I would be lucky as you and have already shipped!

By the way, did you get an instant email saying that the iphone was being prepared to ship? Or you only knew it was prepared for shipment when you checked the order status?
    Cheers!
    10-19-2012 05:03 PM
    Oh how I wished I ordered from Verizon. How is it they will deliver quicker than Apple?
    I originally ordered mine from apple.com which a pending ship date of nov3-10. I called verizon later that day and they told me they had guaranteed delivery by the 26th at the time. I canceled the apple order and ordered from verizon and it was shipped 8 days later, 8 days before the expected date. I understand AT&T is shipping much faster than apple.com as well.
    10-20-2012 09:32 AM
    Did you cancel your online order with Apple and order via Verizon on the same day?
    10-21-2012 12:22 AM
    Did you cancel your online order with Apple and order via Verizon on the same day?
    A day later actually. And a CS rep from verizon had to do some behind the scenes work to get the "pending order" error taken care of.
    10-21-2012 02:16 PM
    My 5 has left China and is in Korea so it's on its way! Will be ready for pick up Thursday but due to me being at work until Saturday I won't be able to pick it up until the following Monday. Can't wait to have it!
    10-22-2012 09:52 AM
    I ordered from VZW at the end of September and my iPhone 5 shipped on the 18th and will be delivered today, I can't wait!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-22-2012 10:53 AM
    I contacted Apple asking if my order was all ok, and if the estimated delivery date was still the same, and they said yes...

However, my order is still processing... And since the iphone will probably come from China, it might not really reach here in the estimated date...

:cry:
    10-22-2012 04:44 PM
    I ordered my AT&T black and slate 32gb on Oct. 9 from an authorized AT&T store. It had an estimated shipping time of 14-21 business days. It said on the website for tracking my order that shipment was "pending." Until I just noticed today that it now says "Back ordered." With an explanation of, "Your entire order has been back ordered and will be shipped at a later date."

Awesome. Anyone else?
    10-22-2012 08:36 PM
    Also, can someone tell me the difference between "processing" and "back ordered?" Am I moving forward or backward in this process?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, can someone tell me the difference between "processing" and "back ordered?" Am I moving forward or backward in this process?
    10-23-2012 02:14 AM
    Just got confirmation email that my iPhone was shipped today. Coming via UPS from China. I ordered a 32gig Black on AT&T on 10/1 from Apple and so it's been exactly 3 weeks. Says it will arrive 10/30 taking 7 days to get here.

- - - Updated - - -

Just got confirmation email that my iPhone was shipped today. Coming via UPS from China. I ordered a 32gig Black on AT&T on 10/1 from Apple and so it's been exactly 3 weeks. Says it will arrive 10/30 taking 7 days to get here.
    10-23-2012 05:39 AM
    Ordered black 16GB from Sprint on 10/15. On UPS truck today for delivery to my house. Expectation from CSR rep on day of order was on or before Nov 5th
    10-23-2012 08:57 AM
    Finally I see some action in my order!

From "Being processed" it went to "Preparing to ship" !!

This must mean tomorrow the iphone will be shipped, and probably will take 7 days, as it comes from far far away, aka China

- - - Updated - - -

Finally I see some action in my order!

From "Being processed" it went to "Preparing to ship" !!

This must mean tomorrow the iphone will be shipped, and probably will take 7 days, as it comes from far far away, aka China
    10-23-2012 05:24 PM
    It is here! It is here! I'm here to tell anyone in this thread still waiting you can do it. If you wait it will come :0) Today is becoming the single most best day of 2012 for me thanks to iMore and the UPS delivery truck.

Unfortunately yesterday the site was a little wonky and wouldn't let me post up images. The iPhone is now in Ontario and actually as of this morning it is in Concord which is about one hour to two away from Toronto. So I'm hoping to have it by the end of the day today *fingers crossed*.
    iPhone 5 Shipping/Tracking-delivery.jpg
    Last edited by Ipheuria; 10-24-2012 at 12:41 PM.
    10-24-2012 10:06 AM
    My has already shipped too!!

It shipped today, coming from Italy, and tomorrow I am expecting to receiving it!

So excited haha!
    Ipheuria likes this.
    10-24-2012 06:24 PM
    I just ordered mine for my wife at the AT&T store on 10/23; from your guys experience is it actually the 14 to 21 days or has it been earlier? I am going to browse the thread to see what you guys have said.
    10-25-2012 12:28 AM
    Mine has finally shipped! It's leaving China as I type this. It says it should be delivered Tuesday, so I printed the authorization for it to be left at the door since I probably won't be home to sign for it.
    10-25-2012 07:54 AM
    I placed my iphone5 order on the Apple Store website within the first hour of preorder. I kept getting a message that site was undergoing maintenance. I ordered phone as soon as site maintenance ended at approximately 3:50 am eastern time..

<a href="http://jailbreakiphone5ing.com">my website</a>
    10-25-2012 08:36 AM
    I just ordered mine for my wife at the AT&T store on 10/23; from your guys experience is it actually the 14 to 21 days or has it been earlier? I am going to browse the thread to see what you guys have said.
    I ordered mine from the AT&T store on Oct. 9. My status just switched from "processing" to "back ordered" a few days ago. It's only been 12 business days for me so far, so mine isn't early.
    RawisTheGameHhH likes this.
    10-25-2012 09:34 AM
    Something strange happened with the phone I ordered from the Apple site 9/27--I received a call from Apple yesterday saying there was a problem with the Verizon end of the process and the order has been cancelled. She didn't know a lot of information, but suggested I check with Verizon to see what happened. I received the email from Apple (which I can reply to once I reorder the phone and it is supposed to expedite my order)and went through 3 Verizon people who all said my account was fine, there should be no problem with adding 2 new lines to my family plan. I chatted then called Apple to try to order the phone again as their website said I had already reached the limit of devices I could have. They said there had been a problem with Verizon releasing shipment of the phone, but couldn't understand either why that had happened. I am now waiting for 24 hours to see if the system "resets" and I'm able to order the phone again online, then reply to the email they sent me to (hopefully!)not lose my place in line. The phone was expected early next week. The new phones are for my daughters who are jumping from AT&T. MY upgrade isn't until the middle of December, but maybe I should order the phone now to receive it in time for Christmas.
    10-25-2012 05:44 PM
    Ordered my iPhone 5 16GB Black for Verizon yesterday from apple.com. It says the ship date is almost a month away...just curious if anyone else has ordered from apple.com and had their phone arrive earlier than the quoted time? From what I read, Verizon is shipping pretty quickly but Apple seems to lag...
    10-25-2012 08:07 PM
    10-26-2012 01:38 AM
    Ordered straight from AT&T on October 12th. 32GB White iPhone 5. Just received ship notification (10/26). Much sooner than expected.
    10-26-2012 09:45 PM
    Ordered straight from AT&T on October 12th. 32GB White iPhone 5. Just received ship notification (10/26). Much sooner than expected.
    Did you order in-store or online?
    10-27-2012 12:18 PM
    My iPhone has been in my city and on the truck "out for delivery" for two days. I have wasted two evenings expecting the phone to arrive. Now the website says to expect delivery next week. I am. Very disappointed. Why does apple use UPS? I have never liked them. FedEx is a much better shipper AFAIC. oh well what can I do but wait for it
    10-27-2012 12:59 PM
    Did you order in-store or online?
    Online (AT&T site). Looks like it's shipping Next Day Air.
    10-27-2012 02:06 PM
1,959 ... 7475767778 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD