Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
i just ordered a diffcase because it really appealed to me. mainly because of:
-built in tripod mounts
-actually protection for the screen
-i can attach a wrist lanyard to it

heres a video of it:
Diff Case For iPhone - YouTube

i'll post up my thoughts on when i receive it. i'm kinda excited for it because i'm big into videography, and my current tripod mounts break easily with my iphone 4s. [it worked well with the ipod touch 4g]

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
WoW !! that sure does look like a really cool case:) I'd be interested in hearing what you have to say about it when you install it to your iPhone and use it.

ooohhh, and i see it comes in pink too:p:D

Ginbill

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Whoa. Very "DIFF"erent indeed. Kind of love it. Might have to pick this one up. I'm addicted to getting new cases for my phone. :rolleyes:

Rocktapus

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
haha yeah. i needed to get me a phone with tripod mounts built in because my tripod adaptor was squeezing the case so hard, the screen protector pretty much peels off when i use it. i was about to get the hipstamatic case for its tripod adaptor, but i read you can't hold it "upside down", which is important to me because i like filming bboying [breakdancing], and using a monopod to sneak my phone into animal exhibits to videotape meerkats and tortoises.

i'll try to do a video review of this case by saturday.[assuming it arrives tomorrow] it doesn't seem like its that well known of a case because its facebook page only has 182 fans.

Rocktapus

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
JUST GOT IT!

its very sturdy! the pros are pretty much everything you seen in the video. the kickstand, shade, tripod mounts, carabiner clip, front and/or back protection.

the main cons i see right now are:
-the tripod mounts are not in the center, so it might tip the tripod over if you are using something lightweight
-it hasn't happened yet, but i can see this to be a dust accumulating case.
-on my case, the left side doesn't seem to close all the way
-it's more of a bumper with covers, than a case that covers all sides

it's definitely sturdier than my last case. [i used a casecrown case] and it will take up more pocket real estate....but i think its worth it. i'm ALWAYS at places i need to video record things at...so i'm always with a gorillpod. [or a full sized tripod if i'm filming something more serious]

i'm very anal about cases...and i prefer full protection. which is why i always buy cases instead of bumpers. so with that said, if this "bumper" had a BACK with a kickstand instead of a lid that lifts to work as a kickstand...i'd give this product an "A". but since it exposes the back [and its honestly a feature i don't see myself using] it gets a "B+"

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
This does seem pretty cool, I'm just not sure I'd like it. I don't think I'd want that to be my everyday case.

I like my Glif + Otterbox Reflex setup :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77