Hi guys,

I need a tough case for my 3G with a sturdy belt clip, as I use Google Maps to navigate whilst on my motorbike.

My wishlist:

Tough as hell
    Waterproof or showerproof
    Sturdy belt clip
    Must be able to see screen!

I don't need to be able to use the controls or the touchscreen as if I need to change anything I will pull over, take the phone out of the case, make changes, and then reinsert the phone.

Some way of attaching a charging cable would be nice as well but not vital.

Any ideas guys?

Cheers

JDi
    09-05-2008 09:25 AM
    Showerproof? Sorry had to ask...
    09-05-2008 11:15 AM
    Hmmm perhaps a bad choice of words! Sorry for the warped mental images there...

I think "rainproof" sums it up, doesn't have to survive a tropican monsoon and I have a windscreen on the bike to keep any driving rain off, but if it can keep a few drops of rain off my phone then job's a good un!
    09-05-2008 12:38 PM
    Hmmm perhaps a bad choice of words! Sorry for the warped mental images there...

I think "rainproof" sums it up, doesn't have to survive a tropican monsoon and I have a windscreen on the bike to keep any driving rain off, but if it can keep a few drops of rain off my phone then job's a good un!
    This is a great case I picked up a week ago. Check it out.

Welcome to SwitchEasy
    09-07-2008 12:41 AM
    Looks nice, but it doesn't look particularly waterproof, with the speaker grille and silent buttons exposed.

I've found a Defender case that seems to fit the bill, just trying to find a UK stockist now.
    09-08-2008 07:58 AM
    Looks nice, but it doesn't look particularly waterproof, with the speaker grille and silent buttons exposed.

I've found a Defender case that seems to fit the bill, just trying to find a UK stockist now.
    Defender has the headset speaker exposed as well. Silent button on the case I linked to is indeed covered. Not exposed.

*Try a ziplock bag...
    09-08-2008 11:49 AM
    This is a great case I picked up a week ago. Check it out.

Welcome to SwitchEasy
    I almost got that before I go the one I have now which I love so much. How is the switcheasy? Still thin or bulky?
    09-08-2008 06:36 PM
    I almost got that before I go the one I have now which I love so much. How is the switcheasy? Still thin or bulky?
    Very slim. Very happy with it.
    09-08-2008 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD