Anybody know if the Power Support Crystal Film is something sold in Apple stores? I'd rather just pick one up when I get my phone rather than having to pay shipping.
    07-05-2008 08:41 AM
    Anybody know if the Power Support Crystal Film is something sold in Apple stores? I'd rather just pick one up when I get my phone rather than having to pay shipping.
    Those screen protectors are sold in the Apple stores. Both crystal clear and anti glare.
    07-05-2008 08:52 AM
    Bad Ash, you are a font of knowledge! Thanks. I think I'll swing by the Apple store this week, pre-iphone mania, and pick one up.
    07-05-2008 08:58 AM
    07-05-2008 09:12 AM
    To clarify, there is no difference in screen protectors for the iPhone and iPhone 3g?
    07-05-2008 10:32 AM
    To clarify, there is no difference in screen protectors for the iPhone and iPhone 3g?
    There is a size difference.
    Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 01-28-2009 at 10:50 PM.
    07-05-2008 10:39 AM
    Thank you!
    07-05-2008 10:07 PM
    screen protectors are a night mare! all the ones i have tried suck so i have just given up! if anyone knows of one that doesn't suck so much i would really appreciate it!
    07-06-2008 02:26 PM
    screen protectors are a night mare! all the ones i have tried suck so i have just given up! if anyone knows of one that doesn't suck so much i would really appreciate it!
    The ones posted above. ^^^

Honestly they probably don't "suck". It's just how and where you put them on.

Best place to apply them is in the bathroom. Run the shower really hot for a few minutes and let it steam up. The humidity will get rid of the dust that may be in the air. Sounds goofy yes but it does work.
    07-06-2008 02:29 PM
    thank you so much! i will give them a try

and thanks for the idea, it makes sense no matter how weird it sounds!
    07-07-2008 03:59 PM
    Just an FYI, I stopped by my Apple store today and picked up a Power Support Anti-Glare film and the guy offered to put it on my phone for me. I told him unless he was hiding a 3G in the back, then that wouldn't work. They might be too busy to do this for customers this weekend, but in the future, if you're unsure about applying it, it sounds like some of the folks will do it in the store if you buy it there.
    07-07-2008 04:13 PM
    I personally have no experience with the screen protector from apple store. However, FYI, I got SGP shield last week. I really like it so much. The SGP Shield comes with 3 parts, front, back and the corners. It gives you full protection for your iphone, not only the screen.

SGPStore
    08-06-2008 12:32 AM
    Or anyone can get them online here:

Power Support Anti-Glare Film Set for iPhone
    Power Support Crystal Film - iPhone
    Or you can get a 3 pack at the store here:
    Store for iPhone Accessories
    It is good. But apple store may expensive? any third party product?
    09-01-2008 08:26 AM
    It is good. But apple store may expensive? any third party product?
    Sure but you get what you pay for.
    09-01-2008 08:30 AM
    Thank you!...I want it now.
    09-16-2008 03:45 AM
    I just purchased an iPhone the other day, however; I have a friend who has had 1G iphone. He gave me some info on a screen protector, needless to say I was very impressed with it and picked one up the other day along with some other goodies!

ZAGG invisible shield - works superbly - purchased at Best buy!
    09-22-2008 03:51 PM
    AS a fellow Zagg Invisible shield user, I highly recommend it.

I only use the front, however. The Back part is difficult to install (mainly because of the corners).
    10-15-2008 08:33 PM
    I am using a Speck Toughskin for my Iphone. I have been having he'll finding a screen protector that goes on right. No matter how hard I try, I have yet get one on that does not leave a bubble on. My screen.

I guess I have 2 questions. 1 is do I really need a screen protector? I know there is always risks, but I am real careful with my phone. It sits in a shirt pocket during the day, otherwise it lays on a desk. I also previously had a Palm Treo 750 for two years that I never used a screen protector on, and this iPhones screen is much better! How are others holding up bare?

2 would be if I do need a screen protector which one do you guys reccomend?

I appreciate any help you guts can give. I have had this iPhone for a month now and love it!
    01-31-2009 02:13 PM
    I think as long as your iPhone is in your shirt pocket or sitting on a desk there is no need for a screen protector. The glass is pretty resistant to scratches. I don't use a a protector, but I also use a slide-in case. I know people who don't use a case or screen protector carry their iPhone in their pocket and the glass still looks great. I've also seen videos on YouTube where people shake up their iPhone in a bag full of keys, coins, and other "scary" items and the glass still looks great. Granted... this is YouTube so take it for what it's worth.

All that to say that I don't think you need a screen protector...
    01-31-2009 02:42 PM
    That is what I was thinking. I never put my phone in a pocket with keys. I appreciate your comment. Thanks.
    01-31-2009 03:46 PM
    i just make sure one pocket has nothing but my iphone i love a naked iphone
    02-03-2009 09:20 PM
    I have a full invisibleshield installed on my phone. I love the texture it gives the phone along with the protection. If you are having troubles with bubbles underneath, that is user error. Just take your time. I've had two screen protectors so far and neither have had bubbles. Patience is a virtue
    02-05-2009 11:46 AM
    I took my case off my iphone today and I am liking it naked so far. Just have to get use to holding it with out a case.
    02-05-2009 01:01 PM
    Agree... It does look better without a case.
    02-09-2009 06:05 AM
    The anti-glare works nice and looks pretty good too.
    02-09-2009 06:12 AM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD