Would You purchase a 4-inch iPhone SE?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I still think it was a big miss. They could have borrowed some designs from both phones instead of just repackaging a design that they've had forever.

Is that just your opinion or would you have bought one if that was the case? Are you not buying one because they didn't change the external design?

hiosh

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Re: Would You purchase A 4 inch Screen iPhone 5se?

yeah, i'll update my 5s to se soon~

although i had expected new design for 4 inch iPhone, but with A9 chip and other better specs, it's ok for me to update!

cbosdell

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually a lot more interested in the SE than I thought I would be. I really like the form-factor of my 5C and for the price it is a tempting upgrade.

avokodo

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
My pocket wants me to buy one but my eyes don't, can't wait to check it out in store soon. The idea of such a good camera in such a small package, also I'll hold out for reviews of the battery life.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

tnt4

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
I REALLY liked the form factor on the 5S. Even though I've gotten used to the size of the 6 and 6S, I still wouldn't mind the form factor of the 5S again as it was so easy to one-hand. That said, it's the little things that have me hooked on the 6S now... believe it or not, the apps I use that have taken advantage of 3D touch have me hooked. For example, I can deactivate/reactivate my home security cameras like that (*snaps fingers*) thanks to 3D touch. Those little things have me hooked, even if it is a gimmick the other 80% of the time.

And I don't think it's 100% guaranteed, but by the lack of info out there, I'd put my money on it being about 99% that the SE has 1gb of RAM instead of 2gb.

nivies93

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I am really interested with iOS. I just stay with Android because of the specs. But instead of buying 5s, I would buy an SE to know if its really worth switching to iPhone.

anon(9776449)

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
probably not! Today I got an iphone 6s plus and I'm completely comfortable with it. My hands are big and my fingers too! Ahahah So it fits very well. I don't intend to change to a smaller model

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Is there 100% confirmation of 1GB of RAM ?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Nothing official. Probably 1 gb. We won't know for certain until iFixit tears it down. Regardless of RAM, the SE will be a great phone. Better than the 5s ever was. And that's saying a lot.

pacorob

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
If it would have 2GB of RAM then I would definitely upgrade from my iPhone 5s > iPhone SE. I do think that the European prices are a bit high e.g. in the Netherlands: 489 euro for 16GB version and 589 euro for the 64GB version (source Apple.com/nl).

jian158

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I would buy an iPhone SE over the 6 or 6s. Personally I have a small hand and would prefer a 4 inch phone. Moreover, Apple upgraded the interior making it as powerful as the 6s. I'll still take this as a good buy, although there is no 3D-touch.

Still if you have a big hand. Definitely a 4.7 inch or 5.5 phone size would be best.

LxiMax

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
One point that I haven't seen made yet is that it still has the same screen from the 5s ( no Retina HD ). That's kind of a bummer IMO. I loved the small form factor but there's no way I could go back after having a 6 and 6s Plus Retina HD screen.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
One point that I haven't seen made yet is that it still has the same screen from the 5s ( no Retina HD ). That's kind of a bummer IMO. I loved the small form factor but there's no way I could go back after having a 6 and 6s Plus Retina HD screen.

The retina display of the SE should be fine.

Alex_Hong

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
These are some differences between 6S and SE.

- No 3D Touch
- No Taptic Engine (it uses a normal vibrator motor)
- Older generation display (lower contrast ratio)
- No Dual-domain pixels display (viewing angles not as good)

- No Cat 6 LTE
- No MIMO support for Wifi
- No barometer
- Not using the 2nd gen Touch ID
- Front camera 1.2MP

But to be fair easier to compare it to the iphone 6 since the price is nearer. when you do that, all the SE is lacking would be the ones in red. The SE even wins out in terms of camera capability and performance with the newer camera and processor. So not bad at all to me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77