Would You purchase a 4-inch iPhone SE?

Hectorius

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I think, I will buy it as a second phone. I can slap a Lifeproof case on it and take it with me outdoors(Hunting, Range, Camping, Hiking) be easier to carry around than my 6s Plus...:)

JohnPAndrew

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Indeed, it was my favorite iPhone. It was also my first, so I might be biased, and somewhat drawn that that first iPhone feeling. It looks just like it, but it is better. I loved that phone, small enough to fit in my pocket and with a great screen. I use an iPad for all things planner related, so I don't need a big phone. And though I've grown used to to my 6, I'd go back in a heartbeat.

robb84

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I have enjoyed my iPhone 5c I missed not having Apple Pay and other features but liked the size of the phone, the jump in price up to the bigger screens is too much for me and I don't watch videos on it or anything so don't particularly need a bigger screen. The only feature I'd quite like that wouldn't be on se would be the hard touch thing, force touch is it? I'm not too worried not having that though, think I may well buy one when contract ends in December, hopefully won't be really tempted by the new proper iPhone otherwise I may get the smaller version of that

Peter Luu1

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I would definitely purchase an iPhone SE because first of all, it is the cheapest iPhone ever and is a 4-inch iPhone! Second, the iPhone SE has a brilliant package (12mp camera, live photos, A9 chip) for such a low price. Lastly, I really need to upgrade to a smartphone that I can trust since I have been using a flip phone all these years (what a relief).

Ravanelli

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I still keep my iPhone 5S when I get my 6S. Use it when I do outdoor activity because it easier to carry it in my pocket.
Maybe I'm gonna give my 5S to my daughter and replace it with SE

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have enjoyed my iPhone 5c I missed not having Apple Pay and other features but liked the size of the phone, the jump in price up to the bigger screens is too much for me and I don't watch videos on it or anything so don't particularly need a bigger screen. The only feature I'd quite like that wouldn't be on se would be the hard touch thing, force touch is it? I'm not too worried not having that though, think I may well buy one when contract ends in December, hopefully won't be really tempted by the new proper iPhone otherwise I may get the smaller version of that

It's nice to have, not the "killer feature" in the way of Touch ID though.

Edmilan

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Yes...well no... I already got the 6s. But I want the SE, better form factor. Problem is, my wife will probably kill me if I got one. But I really want this. If only I could have known it would release this early, I wouldn't have gotten the 6s

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I've had 3D Touch since September, but don't really use it much. It does a few cool things, but I could live without it. Live photos aren't that special either, unless you have small children, grandkids, or pets. I think you would like the SE.

tnt4

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
I've had 3D Touch since September, but don't really use it much. It does a few cool things, but I could live without it. Live photos aren't that special either, unless you have small children, grandkids, or pets. I think you would like the SE.

And if you do want live photos, it will have that anyway - just with a long-press and not the hard-press. :yes:

Honestly Apple could implement a lot of the features of 3D touch with a long press if they wanted...

nite732

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Just preordered 4. Me the wife and both mothers. Getting rid of my 6s. Only reason I left my 5 was for apple pay. I'm going back that was my favorite size and design.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: Would You purchase A 4 inch Screen iPhone 5se?

As a person coming from a Blackberry Q5 with a 3.1" inch screen. Its actually quite a big jump in screen size. So people shouldn't write it off so quickly. A smaller phone, means its lighter and easier to carry (when running).

If i was given the iPhone SE it would definitely be my daily driver for the next 2 years. The Camera would be a massive upgrade from my 5mp (f2.4) camera on the Blackberry Q5.

Riley2521

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
There is something so undeniably appealing about that design, but I don't think I could go back to a screen that small. I am however hemming and hawing over just ordering one anyway.....

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
There is something so undeniably appealing about that design, but I don't think I could go back to a screen that small. I am however hemming and hawing over just ordering one anyway.....

Me too. Like it to carry around away from home and for a back up. But the 6s Plus really is no problem to carry. The SE design is awesome. Never really liked the "thin" 6/6s as much as the 5s.

DikaiaKnight

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn?t purchase one as I think the 6 screen size is perfect. I do love the form factor of the SE as the 6 is very easy to drop. My wife would have been an ideal candidate for the SE as she really didn't want a bigger phone. She had no other choice in the fall and went with the 6s and now says she's used to the size at this point and likely won't go back.

restlessdan

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
I couldn't go to a small phone like that typing on my partners iphone 5c is pretty hard for me BIG thumbs :) but for my partner its the best upgrade for her since apple changed design to the bigger iphone 6 size.

my next upgrade in a few months will take me to the 6s plus perfect size for me.

sleepyky

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
For me it's the size of the screen, the logical upgrade from my 5c. I'm looking forward to a faster ram, amazing picture and face time quality also. It's the unique size for me. I'm looking forward to taking better pictures and having the moments clipped together like a video. I can't wait for this to be my upgrade and look forward to using it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My wife is not interested in the larger iPhone 6/6s. She likes her 5c. So I'll get her the SE later on when she has an upgrade. She's had her 5c for 2 years now and the battery is at 93% health. LOL After 2 years, my old iPhone 5 was at 21% health.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77