Will regular car mounts work with the iPhone XS Max?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Re: Best car mount for iPhone XS Max

Maybe Rene Ritchie is scouring the forums so hopefully he can give you a better answer than anyone here since he most likely is using a review unit as we speak.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

I use the iOitte OneTouch 4 Qi dock for my car and love it. It will be perfect with the X Max that I ordered.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

I use the iOitte OneTouch 4 Qi dock for my car and love it. It will be perfect with the X Max that I ordered.

This is the first year I am going w/o a car mount. I just got a new 2018 car, with two screens, one is the 8" media screen with CarPlay so now I just either put the phone in a cup holder or cubby or on a sticky pad, as the Car Play resolves the need to see the phone.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site

I tried the iottie wireless with the X but in the heat it would fall off my dash when parked in the hot Aussie sun, i have been using the Brodit for a long time best available imo, but the position for each car is different and with FID its useless. So went back to a 8 with TID.
I drive a lot for work.
Was thinking about a Kenwood and dash kit for CarPlay which is $1800AUD installed for my Jeep Cherokee but not sure if i will keep it when the 5 year lease runs out next December.
My only reason for going to the max would be for bigger screen in car, the base 64gb Xmax is $1800 plus case/screen protector and new brodie holder would be 2K, probably should just get the Kenwood and keep my small 8 :)

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

I'm a big fan of ProClip. They are more expensive but also work a lot better -- you have to buy two pieces, one that is specifically made for your car and then the mount for your specific phone. Of course, when you switch phones (such as when I went from a Plus phone to the X) you just have to replace the phone mount, and replace the mount for your previous phone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I'm planning to get iPhone XS Max and I wonder what car mount should I get. Will regular car mounts work with this device? I currently have an iOttie car mount,

Do you plan to get a car mount for your iPhone XS Max? What do you plan to get?

Your currently iOttie mount should suffice, in my opinion.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site

I'm a big fan of ProClip. They are more expensive but also work a lot better -- you have to buy two pieces, one that is specifically made for your car and then the mount for your specific phone. Of course, when you switch phones (such as when I went from a Plus phone to the X) you just have to replace the phone mount, and replace the mount for your previous phone.

Yeah i wouldn't put a 2k + phone in anything else.

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I will be using the same magnetic mount I use for my X. It seems very solid.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

If the mount accommodates Plus phones you should be ok, I am on and off again with getting a mount in my new car, I have a wireless charger built in but I use it for my work phone. I noticed the wireless charger heats up my X pretty quickly so I am a bit concerned about using those for my XS Max

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I thought it funny how the magnetic plate type that worked with my 7 Plus and Apple Leather case was fine but same type case with the little bit heavier XS Max doesn't always hold.

I'm not sure if that's fair for all. I have a cheap magnetic type mount and I think some have more steel or stronger magnets.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Magnetic is the way to go any device will work on any holder I have three cars and they all work with 5 devices in my house and really no parts to wear of break.

fatfury

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Do these magnetic mounts/plating cause any issues to the phone, battery, antenna signals? My wife has a 7 and used a magnetic case on hers. Every time she used that particular case her phone would always get warmer than usual and kill her battery?