Two different devices.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
When I play the same radio station on two different devices, why do I hear two different songs on each device from the same radio station?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you’re referring to a radio station within the Music app on your Apple device then unless it’s a live broadcast, it’s not really a true radio station. To prove my assumption, I used both my iPhone and my iPad Pro to access the exact same “radio station” and each device was playing a different song.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If you're talking about the stations you create in Apple Music, they're not actual radio station. They're curated stations. And won't be the same on separate devices. They're device specific. In the same way photos can be different on separate devices.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Yes using OOTunes. The same station that offers played on two different devices have a different song playing on each device. These are radio stations for example KLOS 95.5.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Could it be that one of the feeds was just severely delayed?

Regular radio stations (like CBC Radio One or Ici Première) can have multiple minute delays, even on the same feed. It really depends what specific server is serving you the content.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Never knew each device would have a different timeline. That could be. But, why would this happen.

Timeline? Can you verify you refer to the radio stations you create in Apple Music? Those can have different song or artist playing at the same time on different devices. Again, it's not real radio. It curated music that's device specific. It's just how Apple made it. The curated stations started before Apple Music.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Never knew each device would have a different timeline. That could be. But, why would this happen.
As I said, different source servers.

It really depends on how the radio station configured content distribution. It’s pretty much impossible to know for certain without inside information. The little bits of info you can gather will only give the surface details, not revealing the behind the scenes infrastructure.

One thing you can do is listen to the station on the two devices for 5-10 minutes, and see if there ends up being an overlap at some point.
Timeline? Can you verify you refer to the radio stations you create in Apple Music? Those can have different song or artist playing at the same time on different devices. Again, it's not real radio. It curated music that's device specific. It's just how Apple made it. The curated stations started before Apple Music.
He confirmed that he’s talking about traditional radio stations in post #4 :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes using OOTunes. The same station that offers played on two different devices have a different song playing on each device. These are radio stations for example KLOS 95.5.

So you have 2 radios on listening to both at the same time? All radios are not exactly the same. There's going to be slight differences in delay. I wouldn't think it would be much. I've had two TVs on the same channel, and there was a little difference in timing.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
As I said, different source servers.

It really depends on how the radio station configured content distribution. It’s pretty much impossible to know for certain without inside information. The little bits of info you can gather will only give the surface details, not revealing the behind the scenes infrastructure.

One thing you can do is listen to the station on the two devices for 5-10 minutes, and see if there ends up being an overlap at some point.

He confirmed that he’s talking about traditional radio stations in post #4 :)

You forgot the s. She is spelled with s. Some spellcheckers do not work.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
So you have 2 radios on listening to both at the same time? All radios are not exactly the same. There's going to be slight differences in delay. I wouldn't think it would be much. I've had two TVs on the same channel, and there was a little difference in timing.

The same station over regular radio station over the internet playing on two different devices.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nethtanyang