Multiple Airplay Devices as a single extented display

martinav

Aug 26, 2023
Visit site
I have a case where I would like to extend a display to two airplay devices. I thought I could do it by enabling homekit, and assigning both devices to a room, then hoping that room would show up as a display device in the display manager. However, I do not see that room appear. Is there a way to do this? Any other way? The point is to drive two wireless displays from a macbook, but it must be recognized as a display device on the mac, because that is how Propresenter uses display outputs. I can do a single wireless display no problem, but I cannot select two wireless devices directly in the display manager for this purpose. It only allows one.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I do not think AirPlay is capable of doing so.

The only wireless display configuration that I have used on my MacBooks is:
  • AirPlay to Apple TV
  • Wireless Display to iPad

martinav

Aug 26, 2023
Visit site
I have a case where I would like to extend a display to two airplay devices. I thought I could do it by enabling homekit, and assigning both devices to a room, then hoping that room would show up as a display device in the display manager. However, I do not see that room appear. Is there a way to do this? Any other way? The point is to drive two wireless displays from a macbook, but it must be recognized as a display device on the mac, because that is how Propresenter uses display outputs. I can do a single wireless display no problem, but I cannot select two wireless devices directly in the display manager for this purpose. It only allows one.
There was some hint i saw somewhete that you could airplay a device that is being airplayed my another device. Sort of a wireless daisy chain. I suppose this is also falsehood?

martinav

Aug 26, 2023
Visit site
Seems the best way to do this is with two hollyland Mars 300 Pro sets, or the Accsoon Cineview HE with two receivers. About a $800 bill.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Seems the best way to do this is with two hollyland Mars 300 Pro sets, or the Accsoon Cineview HE with two receivers. About a $800 bill.

Yep, you’re going to need a receiver with multiple outputs. Only way to do it.

And before anyone comments, no, this isn’t a “bug” or something Apple “needs to fix”. This is the way it’s supposed to work. AirPlay to one device only.

One receiving device with multiple outputs.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77