Why is iPhone 5 with new battery discharging so fast?

thomas_xxxxx

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

On 25th of June I changed battery in my iPhone 5. Afterwards there were som consequences. I will describe it more detailed. The battery in the night with iPhone powered off goes from 40% to 8% during night which I do not think is normal. Now I have turned off iPhone during the night and turned it on in the morning and battery went from 100% to 86%. Is this behaviour OK? What should be wrong? Should I use my iPhone with new battery longer to get rid of that discharging or the problem will be somewhere else?

Thank you.

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Question: Where did you get the battery changed? Did you get it done at an authorized dealer? If not, then whoever changed your battery gave you a fake non  battery. Or, if you did go to an Authorized Dealer for Apple, then you have a bad battery. You can take it back and have them correct the issue.

thomas_xxxxx

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
It was changed by authorized dealer, I suppose it is authorized. But I have jailbreak and installed tweak BatteryLife and it says at the beginning that 0 charging cycles has been done a battery health is 100%. Also when using iPhone it discharges normally. Only problem with discharging is when it is turned off (in that state I suppose it should not discharge so significantly) remember I have Li-pol battery once in some other device and it was discharging too quickly firstly but after made a few cycles, it goes to normal discharging. So that is why I am wondering if the battery is really wrong or needs to go through some cycles to be normal. If you can see, firstly during night with turned off iPhone battery went down 32% but last night only 14% so it can point that it is making better.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It was changed by authorized dealer, I suppose it is authorized. But I have jailbreak and installed tweak BatteryLife and it says at the beginning that 0 charging cycles has been done a battery health is 100%. Also when using iPhone it discharges normally. Only problem with discharging is when it is turned off (in that state I suppose it should not discharge so significantly) remember I have Li-pol battery once in some other device and it was discharging too quickly firstly but after made a few cycles, it goes to normal discharging. So that is why I am wondering if the battery is really wrong or needs to go through some cycles to be normal. If you can see, firstly during night with turned off iPhone battery went down 32% but last night only 14% so it can point that it is making better.

Occasionally, I get heavy battery discharge at night. It's likely apps maybe running in the background, incoming mail, etc. In the morning, go to settings > Battery and see if those stats give you a clue. I've found I do better when I swipe a few suspect apps out of multitasking before bed. Usually, for me, it's Facebook, mail, and a few others I know are big users of battery.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jp8