Why do icons move from top to bottom on facebook on iPad?

I

iMore Question

on iPad facebook, "requests, notifications, messenger " etc, icons had been on top of page for years. Several months ago, they moved to bottom of page. Did not like but got used to it. This a.m. Woke up to icons back on top; few hours later they suddenly switched back to bottom. What is going on???

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I haven't seen this either on my iPhone. If you are on your "friends" menu, you will see options at the top. Other than that, IDK!

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
on iPad facebook, "requests, notifications, messenger " etc, icons had been on top of page for years. Several months ago, they moved to bottom of page. Did not like but got used to it. This a.m. Woke up to icons back on top; few hours later they suddenly switched back to bottom. What is going on???

Facebook is a virus. Zuckerberg is evil. Any more questions?

tryingcake

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Mine does the same thing. I like it so much better when it's on the bottom. It is easier to tell which notifications I have read and which still need looking at. Mine is up top more often than bottom. This week it was on bottom. Yesterday afternoon it went back to top. :raised-eyebrow:

Once it was in the left side. I LOVED the way they did the notifications then. But that was only once and only lasted about a day. If I had a choice it would be that way all the time.

tryingcake

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
This happens to me, also. I also had it move the left side once for about a day. I like it best when it is on the left side.'

The biggest thing that changes with each of these moves is how notifications are presented. I like the side or bottom version best. Yo can tell at a quick glance which notifications you have looked at and which ones you have not. On the left side - it shows you the post right there, you can tell instantly if you want to even bother opening it. I love you. But like I said, that was only once for about a day... may two months ago.

Mine flips back and forth from the top to the bottom more often but stays on top most of the time, my least favorite way. I wish we had a choice in the matter.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artiefischel99