Why are my Google contacts not pulling down on fresh iOS 10.3.3?

Kevin Harvell

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Alright, so on my iPhone 7+ I tried the iOS 11 public beta for 24 hours and decided to go back to iOS 10.

In doing so, I am now on iOS 10.3.3 public beta but after deciding to just start completely fresh my Google contacts are not pulling down to my device no matter what I try.

If I restore my 10.3.2 backup from before I jumped to 11, they are all there as expected, but still nothing on 10.3.3.

Any suggestions?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
What have you tried? Did you go to settings > Mail > Accounts > your Gmail > Toggle Contacts on. If already on, toggle Contacts off > choose delete from my iPhone > wait a minute, then toggle Contacts back on.

Kevin Harvell

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
What have you tried? Did you go to settings > Mail > Accounts > your Gmail > Toggle Contacts on. If already on, toggle Contacts off > choose delete from my iPhone > wait a minute, then toggle Contacts back on.

I don't know. Try rebooting the device and then allowing it to sync.

Tried both of these suggestions, even tried removing all accounts and essentially starting over and still nothing.

Restoring my backup from before I even bothered with iOS 11 after getting it back on 10.3.2.

Surely I am not the only person that is having this issue after doing a factory reset.

boogi

Jul 31, 2008
Visit site
I have the same issue -- I installed iOS 11 on my iPad and on my phone, but had issues with my phone that the Apple Store couldn't fix, so they swapped it out with a new one. The phone was running iOS 10.3.x, and I set it up as a new phone (no restore), but my Google contacts still won't sync. Mail and Calendar sync fine, though. I haven't installed iOS 11 on this new phone, either, so my guess is that installing iOS 11 on any device does something that breaks something. Please post if you find a solution.

Also, I had an issue iMessages containing a hyperlink wouldn't turn into a link on my phone (they were just plain text). I resolved that issue by turning off "iMessages on iCloud" across all devices from an iOS 11 device and then logging out and back into iMessage on my iPhone running 10.3.x.

Kevin Harvell

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue -- I installed iOS 11 on my iPad and on my phone, but had issues with my phone that the Apple Store couldn't fix, so they swapped it out with a new one. The phone was running iOS 10.3.x, and I set it up as a new phone (no restore), but my Google contacts still won't sync. Mail and Calendar sync fine, though. I haven't installed iOS 11 on this new phone, either, so my guess is that installing iOS 11 on any device does something that breaks something. Please post if you find a solution.

Also, I had an issue iMessages containing a hyperlink wouldn't turn into a link on my phone (they were just plain text). I resolved that issue by turning off "iMessages on iCloud" across all devices from an iOS 11 device and then logging out and back into iMessage on my iPhone running 10.3.x.

The iMessages issue you referred to is also on iOS 10.3.3 from my clean install. A friend of mine had sent me a message from his iPhone last night before I restored my 10.3.2 backup and the link was just plain text as well.

Also like you, my Calendars and Emails from my Google accounts worked just fine including the Mail app recognizing all my contacts email addresses.

Going to be a lot of PO'd people if they do not get this corrected before the October upgrade.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The iMessages issue you referred to is also on iOS 10.3.3 from my clean install. A friend of mine had sent me a message from his iPhone last night before I restored my 10.3.2 backup and the link was just plain text as well.

Also like you, my Calendars and Emails from my Google accounts worked just fine including the Mail app recognizing all my contacts email addresses.

Going to be a lot of PO'd people if they do not get this corrected before the October upgrade.

Did you submit a bug report to Apple?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4