Why are iPhones so expensive?

devon08

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
why are iphones so expensive.

Why are iphones so expensive. i want one so bad but my family cant afford it. i am not with sprint , verizon , tmobile etc so my carrior doesn't do contracts, sometimes its very fustrating . For me iphones are 400-700 straight up. i kinda think its worth it . if i had the money i will. Hopefully one day i get one . ugh you iphone users wont understand

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: why are iphones so expensive.

IPhone's are the cool phone of the moment and apple can bank off of it and mark up prices 2000%. You can always try to find used iPhone's on Craig's list, Ebay etc. The thing is an iPhone/smartphones are a want not a need. You don't need one, yeah it's nice to have but think of it as motivation to work hard in life so you can enjoy one.

Brandon Harhi

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site

IPhone's are the cool phone of the moment and apple can bank off of it and mark up prices 2000%. You can always try to find used iPhone's on Craig's list, Ebay etc. The thing is an iPhone/smartphones are a want not a need. You don't need one, yeah it's nice to have but think of it as motivation to work hard in life so you can enjoy one.

I feel like you're not only paying for the phone, but for all their other initiatives as well. What they are doing with the environment, everything they are doing with health kit, various other R&D, as well as making sure you get updates for 3+ years after your purchase.

I admit, the price up front does hurt, but I feel you are getting what you pay for.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

Why are iphones so expensive. i want one so bad but my family cant afford it. i am not with sprint , verizon , tmobile etc so my carrior doesn't do contracts, sometimes its very fustrating . For me iphones are 400-700 straight up. i kinda think its worth it . if i had the money i will. Hopefully one day i get one . ugh you iphone users wont understand

Oh I understand. I just got my first iPhone in January. All of my previous phones have been Android. I saved for many, many, many months to buy my unlocked 64GB iPhone 6s. I gave up a lot to save all that cash... but it was SO very worth it!

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site

The same things that make Apple iPhones, and Apple products so expensive are the same things that can be said about automobiles like Lexus, Acura, Infiniti, and (to a degree) Cadillac. Apple has set the bar when it comes to using the highest quality materials in their devices, and produce them with amazing designs that set the industry standards for fit & finish. The iOS is hands down the most polished and well engineered mobile device operating system available, and Apple iPhone still has the "coolness" that makes it the best selling and most desirable mobile phone in the world.

All that is also why the iPhone, and practically all Apple products have a much higher resale value than anything else on the market. Yes, they are more expensive at time of purchase...but you don't suffer the depreciation that other devices do when you go to trade them in or sell them in the next year to upgrade to a new device either.

WaveGod

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site

You should look into the used phone market. The iPhone 5S can be found for less money and I am sure they will decline even more in the coming weeks as the iPhone SE has now been announced.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site

They're no more expensive than any other flagship. My S7 Edge and 64 GB iPhone 6 were about the same price. Samsung charges about the same even though the Galaxy costs more to make.

swepulse

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site

Most has been said already but I'd like to add customer service to the list, it's pretty dope.
It's quite nice to be able to walk in with a defective product into an Apple Store and have it replaced in an instant. I've had nothing but fortunate encounters with Apple and their customer service and the extra steps their employers will take to ensure my customer satisfaction.
I've been eagerly awaiting the skylake 15 rMBP and was quite sad that it was released today for an example. I considered getting the XPS 15 instead, but I also don't want to give up the service that I receive from apple products so I'll wait till WWDC. I'll gladly pay a premium price to get the service that Apple has built around their products, its totally worth it imo.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

iPhone SE has a $399 starting price. That's pretty darn cheap for a really nice smartphone!

Telespielstube

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

Most has been said already but I'd like to add customer service to the list, it's pretty dope.
It's quite nice to be able to walk in with a defective product into an Apple Store and have it replaced in an instant. I've had nothing but fortunate encounters with Apple and their customer service and the extra steps their employers will take to ensure my customer satisfaction.
I've been eagerly awaiting the skylake 15 rMBP and was quite sad that it was released today for an example. I considered getting the XPS 15 instead, but I also don't want to give up the service that I receive from apple products so I'll wait till WWDC. I'll gladly pay a premium price to get the service that Apple has built around their products, its totally worth it imo.

Customer service in s phenomenal. I had the misfortune to deal with the Samsung "service" more than once. It was simply horrible far from what I call service. Since I experienced Apple service I gladly pay more.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site

When the Chinese get their smartphones right there will be downward pressure in the market, until then you will have to stand what the market will bear prices ! let's face it, an iPhone is a bit of vanity project, and cool factor apart there are plenty of devices that will do what people actually need. I mean need not " would like,think I might need if I had it? for less money.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanD