Who is scared to wear their watch???

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
so i was thinking, i have never owned a watch over $200 let alone $600. I feel i might be scared to actually wear the damn thing worried of getting is scuffed, scratched or even lost

am i alone?

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
so i was thinking, i have never owned a watch over $200 let alone $600. I feel i might be scared to actually wear the damn thing worried of getting is scuffed, scratched or even lost

am i alone?

i have apple care for damages and i have never lost a device and i am a big guy 6'4 300lbs so im not worried about it being stolen.

i am careful with what i do while i wear it for right now but i am sure i will become more comfortable and like i said that why i have apple care.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I wear a watch every day and have been for decades and therefore, I have no fear of wearing my Watch when it arrives.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
No more scared to wear it than to carry a $7-900 phone, which I've done since the iPhone 4.

I'll say this though: given AppleCare+, I'm not sure I see a hugely compelling reason to have the full Apple Watch over the Apple Watch Sport. I upgraded because I wanted a sapphire screen, but on second thought that's not needed.

The Edition did its job and upsold me. :p

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Ricktye

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site

am i alone?

Then why the heck would you buy it? It's a watch after all, would you leave your Timex at home?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
i have apple care for damages and i have never lost a device and i am a big guy 6'4 300lbs so im not worried about it being stolen.

i am careful with what i do while i wear it for right now but i am sure i will become more comfortable and like i said that why i have apple care.
i think im gonna have to throw apple care on mine once i receive it

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Then why the heck would you buy it? It's a watch after all, would you leave your Timex at home?

i got it cause its a piece of tech and i am addicted to tech. you really think its considered a watch first before anything else? i use a pebble and the last thing i do with it is check the time haha. if you've had a smart watch you'd understand

Ricktye

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
i got it cause its a piece of tech and i am addicted to tech. you really think its considered a watch first before anything else? i use a pebble and the last thing i do with it is check the time haha. if you've had a smart watch you'd understand

I do have a Pebble Steel and wear it every day. And I do check the time on it. LOL.

I stand by my original question tho, why would you buy something if not to use it?

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I do have a Pebble Steel and wear it every day. And I do check the time on it. LOL.

I stand by my original question tho, why would you buy something if not to use it?

of course i will use it, just wondering if anyone is worried about wearing such an expensive item during everyday life. usually people put on expensive watches for occasions such as weddings and such not so much at the gym or going for a jog.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I won't be. But I may need to train myself not to keep looking at it for no reason.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I haven't wore a watch in years. I'm not scared though, as it was stated if someone tries to rob me I'm putting hot lead in em or pushing their scalp back

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

am i alone?

You will get used to it. My three Victorinox Dive Master watches cost $1250 each, and I have been wearing them everywhere I go. I worry a little bit initially, but I get used to it. I bang the watch against wall and furniture all the time and it does not bother me at all.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
You will get used to it. My three Victorinox Dive Master watches cost $1250 each, and I have been wearing them everywhere I go. I worry a little bit initially, but I get used to it. I bang the watch against wall and furniture all the time and it does not bother me at all.

Ya that's prolly very true.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
of course i will use it, just wondering if anyone is worried about wearing such an expensive item during everyday life. usually people put on expensive watches for occasions such as weddings and such not so much at the gym or going for a jog.

You're contradicting yourself here. Your comment above focuses on the Watch being a piece of tech, but now you're depicting it as an expensive watch...;)

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Got the AC+. I understand your concern a little. At least you will keep your phone away more. I worry about taking out my phone in public at times.