Which device rules?

Chris54

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
When syncing contact data and photos does the iPod/iPhone 3G, or the computer govern the transfer? I am not sure on this since I have manually added contact data, and do not wish to loose it on a sync.

Many thanks!

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Well, I do not want to state the obvious, but that is why you "sync";). Neither the iPhone nor the Computer over rides the other. If changes are made on one, when you sync it will appear on the other. Put a new contact in the computer. When you sync it appears on the phone. If you add a new number to that Contact on your phone, then next time you symc it will appear in your computer.

Chris54

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Glad to know the obvious.

Then it must have been the not so obvious that occurred; when I synced contacts imputed to an iPod to an empty Outlook, and lost all the contact information on both ends.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Then it must have been the not so obvious that occurred; when I synced contacts imputed to an iPod to an empty Outlook, and lost all the contact information on both ends.

Sometimes initial syncs can be tricky, but once everything it setup it should work as obvious as it sounds.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Sorry Chris. I use a Mac so I am not much help with Outlook. If you are still having probs, you may want to consider a third party app like Mark's MissingSync. I used it to sync my old Palms to my Mac and it worked very well.