Where to buy OEM replacement parts? Notably the screen assembly and the battery

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I believe these two are the most replaced part of an iPhone, the screen and the battery. Anyone know where I can buy the OEM part? not aftermarket?

Thanks.

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
You cannot purchase OEM parts. Apple suppliers do not make these available. All you can purchase are third party parts.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
From what I've heard too, the iPhone 5 parts are still kind of difficult to get, much less at a cheaper parts rate...my buddy does iPhone and iPad repair on the side and he said since release, parts are not anywhere near as common and are still premium price, even to most dealers.

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Thank you all. If that's the case, I guess my only option is to go to Apple for repair? Anyone know how much they quote a screen repair and their turn around time?

As for those experience with non OEM part (especially the LCD), is the glass also made of Gorilla Glass? How does the battery perform vs OEM?

http://www.witrigs.com/replacement-battery-for-iphone-5-oem

I google 'iphone 5 oem battery' and this link shows up on the very top. Is this truly OEM?

Thanks.

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, iRy757. It looks like it's not possible to buy OEM LCD, but OEM battery is possible? From the link I post and your link, both claims OEM battery but both do not claim OEM LCD...

Pugal74

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I had replaced my iPhone 4 screen using s third party screen.

Now, when I updated the firmware to the latest version, the phone stopped working.

Is this normal ? Does the firmware update process check for original parts and Third party parts ?

Any input is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Pugal

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnnybobble53