What Watch Face is This?

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
apple-watch-move-activity-hero.jpg

(This is Serenity's pic.)

I haven't seen this one before. The closest I've found it my Activity face, and it says something about sharing, a non-starter for me.

Is it a Series 3 only thing, or am I just not looking hard enough on my S2?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Looks like the Activity app on the watch. Mine looks almost identical except a bunch of us have our stats shared with each other.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Ok, maybe I should have been more explicit— what watch face is this where do I find this Watch face?

camaroz1985 said:
Note the dots at the bottom of the screen.

I did note the dots at the bottom of the screen, hence my mention of sharing. If I go to the (Apple) Activity app, there are two dots. When you see dots at the bottom of a screen, it means there are more screens to view. When I went to the other dot, it said something about sharing.

Note my dots at the bottom of the screens:

Dot 1.PNGDot 2.PNG
Dots 1 and 2

Note that my Activity screen only very remotely resembles that of Serenity's screen. So to be clear, I'm looking for that screen shown on her Watch (but showing my stats not hers).

I'm not interested in the Sharing aspect. I'll try to ask Serenity, but after a day or two, it's usually not possible to get a response from an author of an article to a comment.

And no, I don't tweet.

Last edited:

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Could it have been an old version of the Activity app where you can check each ring individually? That would explain the 4 dots (Activity as a whole, Move, Exercise, and Stand). The app on the phone breaks it down like that.

I only mentioned the dots as an indication that it probably isn't a face, as none of them have more than one page, at least not that I know of.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I took the pic from a Mar. 5 article by Serenity Caldwell on how to meet the International Women's Day Challenge. It could be an older version; I didn't know there was one. If that is the case then I'm out of luck. I don't know any app that would duplicate the rings that closely. Maybe the Nike Run app.

I did leave a request in the Comments for info, but I have no idea if she or anybody will respond.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
It's been a couple of months+ now and maybe somebody's run across it, so I'll ask again— does anybody know where on an Apple Watch this face is found?

apple-watch-move-activity-hero.jpg

What I know about it:
The pic is from an article on iMore by Serenity Caldwell.
It's not on my AWs or AWS2, all at wOS4

What I think I know about it:
Serenity's Watch is an S3.
The Watch face appears to be an Apple product and not third-party (except maybe Nike?).
The four dots at the bottom of the display seem to indicate three related screens.

What I don't know about it:
Where to find it.

Has anybody seen this Watch face other than my pics (and maybe the original article) and know were to find it?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It's been a couple of months+ now and maybe somebody's run across it, so I'll ask again— does anybody know where on an Apple Watch this face is found?

https://www.imore.com/sites/imore.c...le-watch-move-activity-hero.jpg?itok=ZS8kWWLR

What I know about it:

The Watch face appears to be an Apple product and not third-party (except maybe Nike?).
The four dots at the bottom of the display seem to indicate three related screens.

Where to find it.

Has anybody seen this Watch face other than my pics (and maybe the original article) and know were to find it?

Why not ask Serenity? @ settern on Twitter.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

https://www.imore.com/sites/imore.c...le-watch-move-activity-hero.jpg?itok=ZS8kWWLR

What I know about it:

Where to find it.

That looks like a shot in this review from the original Apple Watch in 2015. See https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/apple/how-use-apple-watch-activity-app-3609125/

So, I’d say that’s from I guess what we would call watchOS 1.0, way before I bought my S2 anyway.

[edit: and here is the photo I am talking about in that original Apple Watch S0 review...]

How_to_use_Apple_Watch_Activity_app_847b.jpg

Last edited:

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I still believe my prior comments are accurate, it is the app, not the face. I assume maybe it is the old revision of the app. First dot is summary, second dot as shown is move, third is exercise, and fourth is stand.

After further research, I can confirm this to be the case.

https://www.macrumors.com/how-to/apple-watch-activity-workout-apps/

Go to 1:54 in the video below (from the article) and you will see this view.

Direct Link

That is from 2015, so the app has changed at some point. You can't see the dial to see if it has the red dot, so it may not be the Series 3, so I'm guessing that Serenity reused an old picture.

Case closed.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Right, it's definitely not a face. It's what the activity app looked like when you opened it when the watch first came out, showing the move ring. You can see indicator dots at the bottom showing that sliding to the left would presumably show the exercise and then the stand ring.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeahWells