Video problems , HBO & Hulu

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Anyone get HBO or Hulu video to watch a show?

On HBO I see the first few seconds of a show and then the screen goes black. Audio still works. HULU, audio works but black screen right away.

Going to try a second TV today to see if any different. Codecs and all that could be an issue.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
On the new gen? I've had a couple of experiences like that on the ATV3 with other video services but a reboot helped. It's rare that it happens, but it does.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
4th gen. Rebooted all the things. It's funny because you see the picture briefly before it goes to black. I would think it was an app except it happens in 2 apps. Both are DRM video. Youtube works great. I have seen this type of oddity with dvd region/codec incompatibility. Sometimes in those cases it could be audio that didn't work or video.

cwaffles

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
4th gen. Rebooted all the things. It's funny because you see the picture briefly before it goes to black. I would think it was an app except it happens in 2 apps. Both are DRM video. Youtube works great. I have seen this type of oddity with dvd region/codec incompatibility. Sometimes in those cases it could be audio that didn't work or video.

Is your ATV wired or wireless? I played both Hulu and Netflix videos again tonight with no issues. My ATV is hooked to my wireless network.