Unresponsive screen in the cold

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I have read about this issue all over the internet, but didn’t think my phone was affected. However, it’s approximately 30 degrees F outside where I am tonight and my screen became totally unresponsive as soon as I stepped out of the car. Once inside, it was fine again. Apple claims that they will fix the issue with a software update. To me, this seems like it would be a hardware issue.. wouldn’t it be? I don’t know how the software would know the temperature outside.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Lord, I hope it’s a software issue. I live in central Montana and it is just plain cold all the time and I get the glitch consistently! I’d basically have a $1200 popsicle.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Lord, I hope it’s a software issue. I live in central Montana and it is just plain cold all the time and I get the glitch consistently! I’d basically have a $1200 popsicle.

I really hope so. I live in Minnesota, so I know cold! I just can’t wrap my head around how this could be a software issue. Unless they just put a band aid on it by increasing the screen sensitivity?

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I really hope so. I live in Minnesota, so I know cold! I just can’t wrap my head around how this could be a software issue. Unless they just put a band aid on it by increasing the screen sensitivity?

I'm in Minnesota and I hope it gets fixed soon. But I don't take my phone out of my pocket when I'm out in the cold ever since my Nexus 6P's camera glass shattered once I brought it inside from the cold.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm in Minnesota and I hope it gets fixed soon. But I don't take my phone out of my pocket when I'm out in the cold ever since my Nexus 6P's camera glass shattered once I brought it inside from the cold.

Wow, that's crazy. I use my phone out in the cold every day during the winter. There's even been times I've forgotten it in the car for up to an hour when its below zero outside (gotten better with this over the past few years). So far, I've never had any glass damage due to temperature changes.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
It was 15F in the morning in Chicago and went up to 30s in the afternoon. I’ve read about this too so I went outside in the morning to test my phone and luckily, I did not experience it with my phone. I think it’s only happening to some phone. I’m just glad that my phone is not one of them but I feel sorry for those people that are affected by this especially for those people who lives in a cold area. I do hope that it’s only a software issue and Apple will release a patch soon.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeahWells