Tmobile data plan not working

Oopbuddha

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
I just bought and Iphone 3g and an iphone 3gs and unlocked them and I am using them both on Tmobile with a $9.99 data plan for each phone. Both phones are Software v3.0 and the setting on both phones are identical. the 3g is working great on the data plan after I fugured out which APN to use (internet2.voicestream.com proved the correct one for me). The 3gs however I cannot get to connect to the data network. I tried epc.tmobile.com, internet3.voicestream.com, internet2.voicestream.com, and wap.voicestream.com. None of these are working. When I try to get on the internet with the phone, it immediately says "cannot open page. Safari cannot open the page because it is not connected to the internet." When I was setting up my 3g and trying the different APN's I found the internet to say I needed to upgrade my data package. I don't even get the chance for the webbage to say this with the 3gs. I have searched all over the internet and I can't find any other solutions.
Both phones have Bossprefs installed. The 3gs kept turning off EDGE even though I kept turning it on. I tried turning it off and rebooting. several times. no luck. Ithen deleted bossprefs all together and then rebooted. still no luck. Please help

uhanrodric

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I would honestly get ahold of T-Mobile, they will all but replace your iPhone for you, they do have a "T-Mobile iPhone Department".

mondster

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Need the bigger plan

I had to upgrade my Tmobile data plan in order to get the full functionality of the Edge network. It works great!