TiPb 32GB iPhone 3G S Give Away - Day Three!

Status
Not open for further replies.

apples

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
A few months ago my phone broke and I needed a new one and finally decided to spend the money on an iphone (always been apple fan) but no stores had any in stock and didn't seem to have any coming in and I desperately needed a phone. So I settled for a nokia. I then lost this phone under very frustrating circumstances. I bought a very cheap replacement. My father then received an iphone on his new phone plan and proceeded to gloat. Since then my ipod has been playing up and slowed down significantly (it is 4 years old). I would love an iphone. I cannot afford one currently and from what I hear from my father's experience, the new upgrades such as video, battery life and mms capabilities will all make the iphone experience even better. Oh and the speed too of course. Anyway an iphone would be amazing. :D

3girls

Sep 26, 2008
Visit site
Voice Dial and Video

I currently have the first iphone and I love it. The triangulation is sufficient in the southwest to use maps therefore I did not feel the need to upgrade to the 3G.

But the one thing I missed was voice dial and the iPhone 3Gs will finally fullfil my wish.

Secondly it will be wonderful to spontaneously take a little video clip of my kids and share it.

I can't wait!!

ketley2aug

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Hey!!
i've never owned an iphone before, but i've seen one of my friend's. I just love the motion sensor and accelerometer in the phone. The rotation is very smooth, and many games have been developed for iphone's motion sensor. Its fun to play these games. Moreover there are some flash files as well, which use the phone's accelerometer feature. And its simple amazing, its awesome, and a gud time pass when one feels bored.

tjaxter

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
It's not for the want to upgrade you see
it's the need for the speed that motivates me

Lest I forget the video on board
Frees me from jailbreaking on that singular accord

And that camera with more pixels is something to lust
those upload online limits I'm sure I would bust

But to get for free from TiPb...
None sweeter than that... so here is my plea

MPIIIMan

Jun 16, 2009
www.mpiiiman.com
I would like to win the give away so I can have an iPhone that is twice as fast.
I also would love the ability to record video as I am getting married in a few months, and it would be awesome to shoot video and share it online immediately with friends and family. So please. Hook a brotha up!

JimmyLin

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I have been using a RAZR for the last two years and I think it's about time I got an upgrade. When I text, there is so much lag that I usually finish what I have to say and wait 5-10 seconds for the text to completely appear. I also use my phone to plan my schedule, except it'd be nice to actually have a visual calendar instead of a text-style calendar where I can't even have the alarm ring on cue. Now that I think of it, I have not seen another person using a RAZR for the longest time...

I had been previously considering getting a BlackBerry Bold, but after going in-store and trying out the iPhone, I just couldn't see how the BB was for me. The only benefit of the BB is that I can cancel the data plan and use WiFi while I'm on campus, whereas I will be paying for a data plan on the iPhone that I will not use. Unfortunately, the iPhone 3GS is just too sleek of a device for me to resist. I've been reading various iPhone blogs daily for the last month, in anticipation of a new one coming out that would actually have important hardware updates.

Well, thanks for this giveaway opportunity :)

cpratt

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
ready for something new

I've had my 2g for quite a while now and it's been a great servant. Now that I'm into development it would be great to set the 2g aside for testing and have the new hardware for further development!

Youngstown

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
My number one reason is the new 32gb capacity. That's ridiculous for a device like the iPhone with all of its features. Now I can truly bring all my media with me everywhere I go. Tomorrow can not get here soon enough.

ebskoot

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Me and my have a 2g 4gig version of the iphone. I would LOVE to surprise her on her birthday with a new shiny iphone! We are expecting our 2nd kid and money is going to be tight soon. I might have to give up mine to save $$$

2good2btru

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
My sad sad story, I actually had a fairly decent phone prior to this one: A Samsung Blackjack II. Loved the heck out of it. However, it fell in the toilet. :(

Since I'm a student, I have no money. I went to AT&T and got a cheap Samsung SYNC (which I'm using to this day), however, they made me renew my 2-year contract. So one year later, the iPhone 3GS came out, and I have yet another year to complete before I get the subsidized pricing.

I can't afford to shell out $399 for a new phone.

gruswitz

Aug 21, 2006
Visit site
The 3GS will be my first iPhone. I've been admiringly following the iPhone blog for two years, but there were many features that I wanted to see before retiring my Treo 700p. I needed to see TomTom GPS, document editing, voice dialing, and copy/paste. The 3GS gives me all that and so much more (Voice control - even from the headset, a huge variety of apps, faster processor, compass, better camera, visual voicemail, VNC, spotlight, remote wipe, phone locating). Thanks to the 3GS and OS 3.0, my Treo's days are numbered.

c0mpguru

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
I would love to upgrade to the 3GS because of the faster performance. I've had my 3G for a few months and, while it's a good phone, I miss some features that my old phone had. The video recording and better camera really make the 3GS seem a little more like my old phone (although it is WAY better than it).

thnm2020

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
My 3G has gone through hell, and because the water sensors have been kicked off, there was nothing I could do (until right before they annouced the 3GS. I've opened my iPhone since to save it once, but it doesn't work anymore. And before it died, the home button slowly stopped working too.

I'm currently on a Blackberry, and I do miss the iPhone more than I thought I could. Because I bought the BB, I'm also sure I cannot qualify for the AT&T early upgrade for iPhone 3G users. I do plan on buying the 3GS eventually, but I'm also currently a student looking for a part-time job.

kygirl02

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I have a iPhone 2g which I just put 3.0 on! I LOVE my iPhone but I would really like to have 3g. I use my iPhone for college and everything else. I bought my 2g off of eBay because I'm not due for an upgrade till 2010 and now I really want the new iPhone.

gonzothegreat

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Why I'm getting an iphone 3G[s]

Greetings TiPb,

Thank you for setting up a excellent online resource for all things iphone. Although I just officially joined (this is my second post), I have been reading the articles, reviews, etc. for about a year - ever since the 3G came out.

Currently, I don't have an iphone, although in the interest of full disclosure, I have pre-ordered one from AT&T. I presume it will be coming in sometime next week or so.

Actually, I don't have a cell phone at the moment. I used to have one. Until the end of May I had one. I had a cell phone, laptop, camera and voice recorder (amongst other things). Then, while I slept in my apartment, someone broke in and stole all of this stuff. The reason they didn't grab my pda is because I had misplaced it (still misplaced). Otherwise, it would have been right where they looked for it (in its case).

And so this brings me to the iphone. Fortunately, both my cats and I were unharmed. Unfortunately, I don't have renter's insurance, either.

And so I had an interesting convergence of events. I needed a new phone. I also needed a new pda (I was spending way too much time looking for phone numbers, etc. that should have been readily accessible). I needed a new camera (nothing special, but having some sort of camera handy has become incredibly useful in our society). I needed a new voice recorder (lectures, my music practicing). Oh, right, and I WANTED an mp3 player. My current mp3 player holds 256 mb of info on it. Unfortunately, I can't change that music anymore (no laptop). Oh, and I was probably going to go out and get a gps thingy because I'm doing more driving (for work).

Enter: iPhone 3G - 32 GB - Black

It slices, it dices, it makes your morning coffee. Okay, well, we can skip the dicing. ;)

In truth, this handy device is as much (or more) other things than it is a phone. I imagine it will truly become a "how did I live without it" device. It will be my only phone (I will finally be able to cancel my land-line), my camera, voice-recorder, pda, mp3 player and gps. And I will probably use all of those features in the first day. As an added bonus, I'll also be able to go online and check my email. Currently, that (and this post) is done on a old, borrowed laptop (thanks to my neighbor)!

I don't have the money for all of this stuff. But I don't have the money to not do it, either. What would I do with the voucher/apple credit? I'd probably outfit my my iphone with a blue-tooth head-set, get a decent stereo/docking station and, well, I'm sure I could find plenty more uses for it. I try not to think of what else I want, because the fact of the matter is that I've used what disposable money I have (for the next 3 months) on the iphone.

Okay, so I have a tendency to be chatty.

Again, thanks for the excellent news, updates, tips and reviews! I know there are other, very worthy folks out there who could really use the phone. My reasons may not be the "best" but I had throw my hat into the ring. :)

Cheers,
Matthew

hiitzdennis#IM

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I am a current Blackberry user and I decide to upgrade because paying at almost 600 dollars for a phone, I want a phone that satisfies my needs and the iPhone certainly meets the requirements. 3GS has many more improvements over my Blackberry Bold.

Itan

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I teach Spanish and I think the video camera would be a wonderful way for me to record podcasts of me pronouncing the vocabulary correctly and posting them on my class website. I also have a 3 year old and I used to record him all the time before I got my V1 in June of 07. He was 1 then so I have missed a couple years of recording. Thanks for the opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoJo