TiPb 32GB iPhone 3G S Give Away - Day Three!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaparral

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Right now the biggest reason is I'm using a Nokia 6555, I'd like the opportunity to have a phone with GPS (and Compass would be even the best) for while I bike (I don't drive, I'd prefer to keep myself and the planet healthy) I can navigate easier. Also that would give me the op to donate my old phone to dear friend so they may stay in contact better with family, as they go away to college this summer.

I don't deserve it more then anyone else but I want to use it as a opportunity, to grow stronger in my major of Media Culture.

Last edited:

rmwb

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Today I bought a pair of Nike Air Pegasus+ 25 shoes and the guy threw in a free Nike+ iPod Sport Kit. It only works with an iPod nano or the iPhone 3G S. iPod nano it for girls. :)

sysrage

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I'd like to be able to take videos and decent pictures of my niece. The extra memory (Yes, I mean memory, not storage. Storage is nice, too, but the memory is a bigger deal to me.) would be huge as well for games and other memory hog apps (Beejive I'm looking at you.).

CraigR

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
iPhone 3G s

The reason I really want the new iPhone 3G s is because I've gotten each iPhone each time it has come out, and I really want to continue the process.
I would have saved money but my grandpa wanted me and my family to go on a 2 week road trip with him to relive the road trip we did when my grandma was alive, so now i have to keep the one paycheck to pay for my 105$ AT&T bill :D

danmowchan

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I really just want to upgrade because of the speed. Waiting for my 3G to do menial tasks like launch messages is like torture it takes upwards of 10 seconds sometimes.

junovela

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I'd like to update mainly for the better video and camera. I carry my iPhone with me everywhere, and often it's with family where spontaneous moments always occur (especially with my 2 year old niece). It would be amazing to not only be able to capture the still moments in better quality, but to take videos and send them to family miles away. I would not have been one to believe it, but it's awesome how something like an emailed picture can keep a family close, and I'd like to continue that trend with video.

SWSovereign

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Told myself 2 years ago when iPhone v1 came out that I would wait until v2. Then last year when v2 came out that I would wait until v3. Now v3 is here and it has 32GB which will hold my entire iTunes library with room left over for lots of apps! It's high time that I move beyond the endless string of unfulfilling BlackBerry and Win Mobile devices and enter the 21st century with iPhone.

sethclifford

Sep 25, 2006
about.me
Speed. Pure and simple. I live on my phone - seriously - and I can almost do without a laptop most days, with exceptions, of course, for certain apps. No matter how fast a phone is, though, it's never fast enough. I don't need the extra space, I don't really care about video (though it's nice), I think the compass is cool (but could live without it), and I doubt I'll use voice command all that much.

But pure, unbridled, raw speed?

Yes, please.

Oh, and I also need it because I'm an enormous geek-gadget-whore and can't help myself. But that goes without saying around here, right? :)

philldo

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
some iphone goodness please

I've been rocking a Moto Rzr 4 ever. My company phone is a windows mobile phone that drives me crazy. Would love an iphone to spend some constructive time err posting to twitter while in line at the store.

astatepat

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
My wife & I both have first generation iPhones & we have been waiting for the new 3Gs for sometime however we can't afford to to purchase two new phones at the same time & it'll be tough to buy just one.

We have two teenagers & my wife runs her own business so with the economy the way it is, times have been tough trying to juggle bills, the kids different camps & activities, & just living.

If I win I will give the phone to my wife because she uses her phone quite a bit for her business & she deserves a break in these times.

Thanks

wingfan

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
I want to upgrade to 3GS for the faster hardware and also the voice control...i wasn't eligible for the discounted at&t price last year so paid the full $599 price and can't afford to do it again this year! Of course I would spread the iphone love and give my current 3G to a friend of mine.

Blackfish

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Why I want an iPhone? Let me count the ways

I'm currently rockin' a 3 year contract with Telus, stuck with this crappy non touch screen HTC WINDOWS!!! not-so-smartphone.
That's pretty much it... feel my pain! I'm tired of iPhone envy...

It's like the days when computers first came out. My friends had Apple ]['s and I had to go over to play with theirs...
it sucks... who wants to wait 2 years to get into the coolest thing on the planet?
cheers!
'Fish

kryptikjoker

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Back on June 29th, 2007, I stood in line at my local Apple Store and purchased a $599 iPhone 2G 8GB. When the iPhone 3G was announced, I looked at the feature set in comparison to my 2G and decided to forego an upgrade due to the lack of major changes to the phone.

After 2 years with my iPhone 2G, I'm ready to upgrade to the newest 3Gs. The 3Gs has many features that I've been waiting for in an iPhone. It has video, voice control (a safety feature!), a nice hardware speed bump, and magnetometer, in addition to the previous 3G features of GPS and 3G speed.

So the reason why I want to upgrade to the iPhone 3Gs is because it has vastly improved features over my iPhone 2G. It provides many of the things I need for my digital life. I look forward to the hardware improvements and the great user experience that the iPhone is known for.

justjess89

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
reasoning

my main reason i want to upgrade is that I'm a returning customer to the iphone i originally got the iphone when it came out, then realized it was too much phone for a 17 yr old girl so a few years later i come back to the iphone because i hear its amazing more amazing then the blackberry which i had also. It took me some time to decide to leave my blackberry behind and join society with the new iphone 3g craze.
My boyfriend and i went on a sunday to go purchase our new phones only the next day to find that the prices had dropped to 99 and there is a newer better one coming out soon (the 3gs), so me and my boyfriend spent over 400 dollars where the next day we could have only spent half and got more accessories. That or we could have gotten the 3gs with 16g rather then 8g (plus i want the white one and the video).
We went back to the store only to find that we would only be given credit on our next bill, well we didnt want credit on our bill because we dont pay the bill, my mom does. so there went 200 dollars down the drain for us.
So i have had my phone for about a week and just recently did the upgrade to OS 3.0 and now my phone is constantly crashing and restarting itself and slow as ever and i just want a new one and better one the 3gs.
that is my reason why i want the upgrade.

Last edited:

craigyrobert

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Why I want the new iPhone 3G S...

iI iHave iBeen iAn iPhone iOwner iSince iThe iPhone 3G iCame iOut iLast iYear. iI iHave iBeen iThe iNumber iOne iAdvocate iFor iApple iIn iMy iArea, iGetting iAll iOf iMy iFriends iHooked iOn iThe iPhone iAnd iApple iProducts iFor iThe iPast iTwo iYears. Seriously though...I have always LOVED Apple products, and it turns out that I have enjoyed sharing what I have learned with everyone I know and meet, I suppose a side-effect of being a teacher. I have swayed most of my family and friends into buying iPhones and would love to be able to start showing off a new iPhone 3G S to all those people. (Did I mention I tell them all to come to TiPb to get the latest news and updates for their iPhones?!?!?) I certainly don't need the new iPhone--mine doesn't have a scratch on it--but it would be a true thrill to be able to carry the latest (and GREATEST) new Apple device in my pocket to show the world what a truly innovative phone should look like. Hey, and who knows, perhaps I can sway my brother (who recently bought a Blackberry Storm...ouch!) to finally join the club! Thanks TiPb!

hlresh

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
why do I want to upgrade?

Speed, video, more memory ( I bought the 8gb because of the price point). Why wouldn't I want to upgrade?

Heather

gjlowe

May 31, 2008
Visit site
I am sick of having to look at the position of the sun or stars (depending on whether it's day or night) just to know what direction I am headed. What do I do on a cloudy day? I get lost! Why do I want an iPhone 3GS? The digital compass baby...

drougnor

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I would love to have the iPhone as my first multi function phone device based on the pure usability I have seen demonstrated. The device's limitations in the end will be limited to the end users imagination, and I love that for any device.

d

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77