Third Party App Support

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Do you guys think third party apps will be updated to support the xs max resolution? Right now they are just blown up to the xs resolution and you can tell they are not native. Although, not horrible it would just be nice if they are updated.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
The situation is not as horrible as X! I can handle this. I think it will take few months for all apps to support the max resolution.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Apple made it mandatory that all new apps and updated apps had to support the X screen resolution https://www.cultofmac.com/529357/developers-must-ensure-apps-are-optimized-for-iphone-x/ and I wonder how long it will take for developers to update or for Apple to announce it is mandatory.

Perhaps Apple has to take the same route with X and XS Max apps that they did with 32bit apps, pull them it they are updated to the new standard. Does its suck for devs, yet but Apple also makes scaling their apps easier than others so why can't it be done.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Some of my apps crash for iOS 12, too.. certainly not an Xs or Xs-Max issue, but it will be nice when all if it works again.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
Many apps do not yet support the resolution. It’s frustrating in some apps when the options get hidden, like in Tapatalk, due to low resolution the options to upload attachments get hidden under keyboard.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB