This is why your Apple Watch doesn't support third-party watch faces, even in watchOS 10

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’mm sorry apple, but that sounds like rubbish to me. If a third-party watch face fail to work properly then the user will simply uninstall it or reach out to the developer to fix the issue.

Last edited:

Nello

Jun 19, 2023
Visit site
I understand Apple and I think we are misunderstanding the watch face. Essentially, this is a desktop or the main landing page like any OS. Apple could make a launch page to auto start someone’s app that would satisfy this need. Most OS will have an auto launch feature to launch a GUI. That’s the solution.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I understand Apple and I think we are misunderstanding the watch face. Essentially, this is a desktop or the main landing page like any OS. Apple could make a launch page to auto start someone’s app that would satisfy this need. Most OS will have an auto launch feature to launch a GUI. That’s the solution.

I don’t think I’m misunderstanding. Apple is very strict on app requirements and you must follow the rules it provides in regard to their API. Right?

As someone stated in a similar thread, there are already a good amount of watch faces available from 3rd-party providers and several members of this forum has posted a good amount of screenshots depicting the various watch faces.

I don’t recall reading about any of those people having problems with them.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Well, I have a couple 3rd party watch face apps installed and they all work as advertised. They don’t do everything I want them to do, which is my I stick with the Apple Watch apps.

But they do work.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77