Thinking of cutting the cable (again)

sleepngbear

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
So how’s it going after a month or so?

Good! I’m (very) slowly coming around to the streaming model, mostly because the more I watch with limited or no commercials, the more I hate commercials. I swear I want to squash that godforsaken gekko’s head in a vice, as well as that of every pharma exec and their ad agencies. But that’s a story for another day. Once in a great while Hulu or Netflix recommends something I’d actually like to watch. Hulu had Monty Python’s Flying Circus episodes up until last week, and I was seriously bummed when they went away. The F1 Drive To Survive series was pretty good, and both the wife and I got into Hulu’s Dopesick pretty quick. Oh yeah, and I binge at least a few episodes of Seinfeld every night, which by itself is worth the Netflix subscription. Otherwise I’m still overwhelmed wading through the mountains of crap that’s available, and I’m still figuring out how to zero in on something I’m not totally repulsed by. And damn, there is a LOT of crap out there. I’m sure there’s good stuff in there somewhere, I just have to find it. Saturdays are lots of fun right now finding all the college football games quicker than ever.

I did upgrade to Cox’s Gigablast, as well as a new cable modem and router. Not because I had to, it was just time to upgrade the old gear with so much more stuff than ever being connected. Hulu hiccups and freezes every once in awhile, but Apple TV and everything else on it are working fine. I don’t miss cable, though I’m not quite ready to unload Hulu Live yet, either.

jstnwlkr

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Sure we pay $55/mo for Hulu, Netflix, Peacock, and Paramount+. While Apple TV+, Disney+, and Prime Video are included in my subscriptions to Apple One Premier, Verizon Plan, and Amazon Prime. The others are free (Tubi, Pluto TV, Plex, Crackle, and IMDb). Hope this helps you.

Yeah that definitely helps get a better feel for how this may look.

How many apple TV units do you have ?

And when you say Verizon plan do you mean cell phone plan or Verizon cable?

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Yeah that definitely helps get a better feel for how this may look.

How many apple TV units do you have ?

And when you say Verizon plan do you mean cell phone plan or Verizon cable?

We have three Apple TV’s. I have a Verizon cell phone family plan.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77