Themes On iOS

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I am sorry I started this thread to only see how it has gotten out of hand. Going back on topic: I was never thinking that apple would allow the full customization of Android an widgets, i give 2 rats behinds about widgeta, but just something simple like WP. That a user could change the white color in-app background to a gray shade. Again, if you invert colors, you can almost obtain that.

P.S. I love the OS more than any other platform, just not the LOOK of 7. Not complaining, just not upgrading, my choice!

That's cool you don't have to upgrade.

To each his own on the look if IOS 7.

I'm not a dev but if it's user customization of a app wouldn't that be up to the dev? Would this affect the size of the app? The performance of the app? I have no idea.
I don't think Apple is going to allow user customization of apps made by Apple maybe theme options for the users to choose from. But again how memory intensive would this make the app? Again I don't have a clue .

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
To answer the OP's question, No. But there are plenty of apps in the App Store that allow you to change your app skins or "pimp your phone". Like others have mentioned too, jailbreak, develop a theme and sell it in Cydia. I love my jailbreak.

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Oh yea, my friend uses one of those apps, and has a folder of the same app with different icons. It basically makes a shortcut to it. But then you have 2 of the same app

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
That is absolutely never going to happen. Btw I miss my little themes from BB. 😊

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

solitude1984

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I apologize if it felt like I was starting an argument. While I agree with you 100% on your statements about BB and iPhone being the top selling phone.

I recant "competitive" with my OP, I was simply trying to say this:

People do care what their phone's UI looks like, iOS was the fastest and most downloaded update in Apple's history. Do you think that is because of internal functions the OS can perform, or that is it 64-bit capable? IMO, 90% of iPhone users don't know or don't car about that. They care of the front facing user experience. Android has live wallpapers, so Apple may or may not have made Parallax to compete in this scenario. I think it would be a smart move on Apple's part to include a simple theme (maybe just color schemes) switcher. It would add more appeal just like Parallax.

Do you at least see my point here?

I tend to agree that it would be nice to be able to switch colour schemes.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

solitude1984

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Oh yea, my friend uses one of those apps, and has a folder of the same app with different icons. It basically makes a shortcut to it. But then you have 2 of the same app

LoL I've seen those in the App Store. They're so ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77