Text tones not sounding

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys! I'm writing on behalf of my mom. A few days ago her text tone stopped sounding. I had her try rebooting, changing her text tone to something else, making sure the phone wasn't muted and the volume was up, and finally doing a settings reset. All of her other alert tones work. Does anyone have any ideas what else she could try or will she need to do a factory reset?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Hey you! Did you check the Text Tone setting? Go to Settings, Sounds & Haptics, Text Tone, try changing it to something else then back. Next would be a factory reset, as you are thinking.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey you! Did you check the Text Tone setting? Go to Settings, Sounds & Haptics, Text Tone, try changing it to something else then back. Next would be a factory reset, as you are thinking.

Howdy! Yes I had her try that. Also just for funsies I had her go into my contact and set a different text alert just for me to see if that would sound and it didn't. So weird.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Could she by any chance have her Do Not Disturb toggled on? I was reading in another thread here on iMore that this was the issue for several folks and they didn't even realize it!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77