Swap XR for XS Would You?

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Have the chance to swap my Xr for a Xs with only extra $85 on top, both about 7 months old. Here its going from a $1229Aud phone to a $1629.
Seems like a no brainer as wouldn't mind going a bit smaller/lighter.
The Xs is gold though my Xr white, both not my favourite colours but a case covers most anyway.
The Xs is the only iPhone i havn't tried haha.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you don’t know the person, PLEASE make sure the phone is not stolen and that he or she disable the iCloud Activation Lock in your presence.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I’ve been very happy with my Xr so far. The battery life and screen size are what would hold me off from doing the swap, but there are also times I wished my phone was smaller. I don’t know which way I would go.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I’ve been very happy with my Xr so far. The battery life and screen size are what would hold me off from doing the swap, but there are also times I wished my phone was smaller. I don’t know which way I would go.

Exactly why i haven't done it yet, screen size and battery. From reading alot of people not happy with Xs battery life.
Also would have to get a new case and screen protector, and have 2 cases and a good spigen screen protector go to waste on my Xr, not sure if i could be bothered.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have tried my brothers XR and it’s a nice device and the battery life is good. I have had a XS since the official launch and I have zero complaints.

The battery last me all day, the screen is better then the XR in my opinion and like using the force touch feature. In the end you have to decide what device will best fit your daily needs.

The deal you talk about sounds like a good deal. Just make sure the XS has a clean IMEI, no financing bill owed on it and it’s not stolen. Good luck.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Exactly why i haven't done it yet, screen size and battery. From reading alot of people not happy with Xs battery life.
Also would have to get a new case and screen protector, and have 2 cases and a good spigen screen protector go to waste on my Xr, not sure if i could be bothered.

Yeah since I have about 3/4 cases that I use depending on the situation it would be hard for me to want to buy them again as well.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Ended up not getting it, guy said it was in mint condition even right before i went to meet him, the screen and back was good but had a few scratches/chips on the corners. When i pointed them out he said the screen is mint and it was from a case, but doubt that he is a courier driver so. Didn't really like the gold colour anyway in the flesh.
Be good if people were up front or learn what mint condition really means.
He had the hide to tell me i was a time waster when leaving lol, 20 years ago i would of laid one on him haha.
I have sold phones from guys from his country of origin and they always agree to a price then when they come to pick up try and get you to drop $50 or so, has happened in my own garage twice. Last time guy threw the cash on my car and was short when i counted it, i quickly took the phone back.
Should of known when i heard his accent on the phone. ( no i am not racist real like experiences)

Johndosh

Aug 7, 2019
Visit site
Yeah a lot of people say mint condition when really is is far from have seen this many times before. From when someone says something and it is not as described the trust is broken for me and no longer have any interest.

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Ended up not getting it, guy said it was in mint condition even right before i went to meet him, the screen and back was good but had a few scratches/chips on the corners. When i pointed them out he said the screen is mint and it was from a case, but doubt that he is a courier driver so. Didn't really like the gold colour anyway in the flesh.
Be good if people were up front or learn what mint condition really means.
He had the hide to tell me i was a time waster when leaving lol, 20 years ago i would of laid one on him haha.
I have sold phones from guys from his country of origin and they always agree to a price then when they come to pick up try and get you to drop $50 or so, has happened in my own garage twice. Last time guy threw the cash on my car and was short when i counted it, i quickly took the phone back.
Should of known when i heard his accent on the phone. ( no i am not racist real like experiences)

shame... in my country they say "works flawlessly" " no issues" and the tail end of the story generally is "just needs a new screen"

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Just got a mint condition SE with 97% battery health for $50Aud, was going to use it but sold it today for $250.

edit: Sale fell through, going to keep the SE and have sold my XR for $940, will see what the 11 holds or might pick up a XS.
Nothing wrong with the XR just big/heavy for my uses, have CarPlay car now so don't need a big screen phone, and mainly use my iPad 11 at home.
SE is a little ripper runs great on ios13.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizayoni