Restoring iPhone 5 from Backup

Star-Lord

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I backed up my 4S to my computer, so I was going to restore that data onto my iPhone 5. But every time I do so, only like 3 of my apps show up but all of my bookmarks and open tabs show up.

What do I do from here?

Does it matter that my iPhone 5 isn't activated yet?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You will have to activate your iPhone 5 first. Then you can restore. Did you back up to iCloud or iTunes?

beathookup

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I have primarily used the cloud as sometimes I need to restore from a backup with being near a computer it might take sometime but its well worth it in the long run

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Make sure that the apps you want to sync are check-marked in the apps tab
when your phone is connected to iTunes. If you haven't already.

Star-Lord

May 20, 2011
Visit site
You will have to activate your iPhone 5 first. Then you can restore. Did you back up to iCloud or iTunes?

So you do have to activate it first? I went through all the steps up except that one and it still does not restore from backup.

Star-Lord

May 20, 2011
Visit site
It goes through the normal process but after its done, only a few of my apps are showing.

Is there anything the Apple Store can do?

el_stro

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Apps are not contained in the iTunes backup, only the app data is (game scores, progress, bookmarks, etc.). You should find your apps in iTunes, in the "Purchased" section, you need to download them again to your phone. :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burningroad