Resize photo (canvas size) to add blank space

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The WordPress theme I currently use requires a blog post image that is a particular size. I normally edit on my Mac or pc, but would like to be able to do all on my iPad. I am able to upload photos no problem with the WordPress app, but I'm stuck on changing the canvas size on the image I want to use as the blog post image.

Is there an iPad (or iPhone) app that will allow you to change the canvas size?

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
What do you mean? When uploading a photo with the WordPress app, you can select Custom as the image size and type in the exact pixel dimensions desired. If you only know one (say, you know you need 560px wide), just fill in that one dimension and leave the other one blank.

Is this not what you're asking?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I'll look at iresize. Leanna, changing the dimension won't work. I need to change the canvas size. I'd be going from square to rectangle. Only I still want the whole picture to show.

Just looked at iresize. That won't do it either. I need blank space on the sides.

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Google leads me to these:
App Store - ArtStudio - draw, paint and edit photo

App Store - PhotoCanvas

Haven't checked them out in any detail myself. Just so I understand, you want to take a square image (Instagram style) and "frame" it in a rectangular canvas, yes? You might also look into apps that handle layers (Brushes, etc).

Good luck!

Not necessarily. I have a large long space in which to put the post image (which is usually closer to square. In order for it to all come out right, it needs to have lots of white space on either side, and some at the top. When I do this on the desktop I simply change the canvas size so that it has a 6:1 ratio (wide:high).

I'm going to give Art Studio a try. Three bucks won't kill me.

Andrew B

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi Alli,
Im new here :D

So if your changing the aspect ratio to make it square from rectangular aren't you compromising the image in the first place ?
Maybe its just better to come up with a nice square crop, resize and then upload...

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi Alli,
Im new here :D

So if your changing the aspect ratio to make it square from rectangular aren't you compromising the image in the first place ?
Maybe its just better to come up with a nice square crop, resize and then upload...

She's not changing the aspect ratio?she just wants to add blank space around a photo.

adfig

Mar 3, 2017
Visit site
The WordPress theme I currently use requires a blog post image that is a particular size. I normally edit on my Mac or pc, but would like to be able to do all on my iPad. I am able to upload photos no problem with the WordPress app, but I'm stuck on changing the canvas size on the image I want to use as the blog post image.

Is there an iPad (or iPhone) app that will allow you to change the canvas size?

I've been using ArtStudio for that purpose, and I'm very happy with it:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/artstudio-for-ipad-draw-sketch-and-paint/id364017607?mt=8&at=10l3Vy

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77