Reset Apple ID password online but password in not working on any apple device, what should I do?

I

iMore Question

Reset Apple ID password online, but password in not working on any apple device

When trying to turn on/off Find my iPad/iPhone, the first time I typed the new password it seems to recognize it and place a check mark next to the ID, but then it requests the password again and again and it doesn't go further than that. Not good for App-Store updates either.

reinosomv

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: Reset Apple ID password online, but password in not working on any apple device

Yes... it works online, but when trying it on any device (iPhone/iPad) it doesn't.

reinosomv

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: Reset Apple ID password online but password is not working on any apple device, what should I do

When I typed the password in any device, it seems like it's accepting it, and even puts a check mark at the end of the apple ID, but then a new Type your password pops up. It seems like it's asking for the OLD password (which I have forgotten) and the device has locally stored that password...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Reset Apple ID password online, but password in not working on any apple device

If know the email address used in the ID, you can reset the password. You may also need to know the security questions.

reinosomv

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site

Been there.. done that... I have the Apple ID and reset the password online.. Everything works fine ONLINE... but when trying to do it in a device... it doesn't work...

Help!!!!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Been there.. done that... I have the Apple ID and reset the password online.. Everything works fine ONLINE... but when trying to do it in a device... it doesn't work...

Help!!!!

What doesn't work about it? Did you log out of iTunes, iCloud, iMessage, and FaceTime and enter the new credentials?

reinosomv

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site

I can log out of iMessage, FaceTime, but when I tried to log out of iCloud: the first time I typed the new password it seems to accept it and puts a check mark next to my Apple ID, then a new pop up shows up requesting the password again... then I type the new password and it doesn't recognize it... It seems like it's trying a local stored password (the old one - that I don't remember anymore).

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Restore your device and set it up as new to see if that'll solve the problem. That is what I would do.

abdominalbenito

Mar 28, 2018
Visit site
it’s not asking for the old password

I’m having the same problem except i didn’t ever change my password until i got this problem. It “accepts” my old password and then does the same thing. I then changed it and it does the same exact thing. the only way i’ve found so far to make it work is if you type your password enough times (it usually takes me 20-30 times) it will eventually let you do whatever it is you wanted to. It doesn’t always work though i just tried downloading a free app and gave up after entering my password around 300 times.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takectrl