Reselling iPhone 5s on eBay on launch day

Status
Not open for further replies.

bberrynewbie84

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I think two iPhones max for a customer,no customer should be able to buy more than that

i just see it as a bunch of greedy people (ie: you who are thinking of doing this) taking advantage of others. I hope apple has a one person one phone policy or something similar just to F#*k your idea up.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm not saying selling for profit is wrong what I'm saying is a douche like the one who started this thread deliberately buying up big to sell way over priced to make a huge profit from people that may not have camped out at the apple store is wrong. Maybe if said person didn't try to buy 10 iPhone's then someone later in the day or even the day after might have a chance at getting one.

I see what you mean and I'm sure there will be a limit. However, if the person in question stands in line then they have every right to buy said limit and do as they please with them. If their 5 or 6 friends stand in line too, then I hope they get a cut! Lol!

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
This guy is talking about taking friends with him so he can get "5 or 6" - so wrong. Karma will get him.

I am a great person. Karma will get you for making a judgement like that about someone you do not know.

I am not taking advantage of ANYBODY!!! Like I said, people have been doing this for years, and the people who are buying the iPhones are PLENTY content with doing so, otherwise they would not spend their money on it!!!

Any of you who takes issue with me or what I'm doing can simply not contribute to this thread, as you're not being helpful of submitting anything of value, whatsoever.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
its not ripping people off...... if i sold them an iPhone 4 and said it was a 5... thats ripping them off... or if i sold them a phone that doesn't work but i said it did... thats would also be ripping them off.....

Its all about supply and demand.... i have the supply... and the people on ebay decide what the demand is.

Everyone needs to stop saying this is a bad thing to do lol... and realize its just a way to make extra cash... and people wouldn't spend the cash if they didn't 1) have it 2) want to...
THANK YOU!!!!!

And I am not GREEDY at all! I have been giving to charities every single month for several years, even when I was incredibly poor. You people know NOTHING about me to say things like that.

SUPPLY AND DEMAND people!!!! Get a brain! How dare you call me greedy... You do not know who I am or what I am doing with the money I make.

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
i dont see the problem here. it IS the way of the world. Apple sells computers worth 800 dollars for about 3k because they know people will buy them and be happy with paying that much. supply and demand

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
i dont see the problem here. it IS the way of the world. Apple sells computers worth 800 dollars for about 3k because they know people will buy them and be happy with paying that much. supply and demand

K we don't need an 'apple tax' dig on here, thank you... Apple actually offers a great lineup of quality computers at relatively fair prices (most of which are around 1k, not 3k), which only continue to be lowered year after year.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm not saying selling for profit is wrong what I'm saying is a douche like the one who started this thread deliberately buying up big to sell way over priced to make a huge profit from people that may not have camped out at the apple store is wrong. Maybe if said person didn't try to buy 10 iPhone's then someone later in the day or even the day after might have a chance at getting one.

My buying 5-6 iPhones in Canada doesn't effect someone in Australia being able to get one. Especially when the iPhone usually doesn't come out in Australia until a month or so after. And, it's too effing bad for the other people in line!!! That's how the world works, first come first serve. It's the same if I had 5 people I wanted to buy an iPhone for, that would also effect the others in line. If they were there earlier, they could've had the same opportunity.

If I came late, it would be too bad for me, too!

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
My buying 5-6 iPhones in Canada doesn't effect someone in Australia being able to get one. Especially when the iPhone usually doesn't come out in Australia until a month or so after. And, it's too effing bad for the other people in line!!! That's how the world works, first come first serve. It's the same if I had 5 people I wanted to buy an iPhone for, that would also effect the others in line. If they were there earlier, they could've had the same opportunity.

If I came late, it would be too bad for me, too!

Whatever dude don't try and justify to me or anyone being a greedy ass mo fo, its simple you wanna take advantage of those who cant be there to buy ip5's right away and if it weren't for people like you maybe a bunch more of people who actually have lives could get their hands on one the day after or even later. But because of greedy F*#@ers like you stocks run out and people end up paying stupid prices for a item that should be readily available. F#*k you and anyone that thinks like you!!

Nuff Said!!

Reactions: GibMcFragger

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm not going to continue to try and reason with people that can only offer personal insults rather than a real contribution to a conversation.

PhoneAddict

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I have no problem with those that sell on E-Bay or elsewhere in the manner described here. If you list a iPhone 5 for $1K or $2K and someone purchases it knowing that the retail is $600 - $700 that is their choice. As long as the item is as described (unopened, never activated, etc.) the transaction is totally fair. The seller risks his or her cash to purchase the item and runs the risk of being able to sell at a profit. What if Apple has a ample supply of the iPhone 5's next week due manufacturing to accommodate the late launch date and close proximity to the Christmas selling season? Jellotime 91 would have invested $3,500 for 5 iPhones, the cost of selling on E-bay, etc. and may not make any real profit. All about risk & reward IMO. I remember back 30+ years ago the Christmas that the Cabbage Patch Dolls were hot & scarce. People were paying $150 for a $20 toy or 7.5 times retail. In those same terms a iPhone 5 would go for $5K today.

What floors me is those that would actually pay $2K for a phone that they could get for $700 (or $200 if a new activation or upgrade) just to have the latest phone now. It is not like there will not be orders fulfilled in a 4-6 week time frame.

People have always profited from supply and demand; it is the nature of business.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Alrighty then....

Not only is the OP not getting his question answered, he's getting slammed. We're not here to moralize or pass judgement. You don't like something...move on.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77