Redsnow DMG File

checkmate18x

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
A PC, I know that dmg is a mac file extension but I heard it could be opened on PC as well. I thought all I had to do was mount it with Daemon but no dice.

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I think its a little more complicated than that. Are you trying to acheive an untethered jailbreak by using the mac DMG?

checkmate18x

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Tethered or untethered but I'd prefer untethered obv. What I have is PwnageTool_4.1.3_Unlock_Edition.dmg because all I could find were dmg files. I looked everywhere but all I can find are dmg files... I'd just like to jailbreak not necessarily unlock it too, if you have any suggestions, that'd be awesome!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Pwnage tool is mac only hence it's a dmg. So like JDavis says get redsn0w, you can find tutorials, download links and firmware at iClarified.com that's my usual source for these things.

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Correct. After a restore no one will know it's be jailbroken so your warranty is good. Everytime I have sent my phone to apple I just restore before I send and they never say anything.

checkmate18x

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok, now I've tried it 5 times and RedSnow always freezes on the uploading RAMdisk screen I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
I appreciate all the help I've gotten so far, thanks

Edit: Never mind I got it, had to run in compatibility mode for XP as admin
Thanks again guys!

Last edited:

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Try a different USB Port. I know it doesn't sound like it works, but it will. Try all USB ports. If that doesn't work, you might need to run redsn0w as admin, disable the firewall. Let us know if any of this works for you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost